RSS Feed Print
Sorry if I have hurt or offended anyone
BlueSkies
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 11:07 AM

I just want to extend my apologies to anyone on here that has been hurt or offended by anything I may have posted or replied to.  I try to always stay on the positive side and do so by holding on to my Faith.  I am not always successful and am just as vulnerable to the pain and sadness that life has to offer as anyone else.  I have suffered quite a bit in the past and I am dealing with several issues now.  If I sound as if I know it all or am better than anyone else please accept my apologies as that has not been my intention.  I have just been trying to reach out and give others hope and encouragement on here and I feel sometimes that has been misunderstood.

Again, I am so sorry if anyone has been hurt or offended by anything I have posted on here.

I have decided to stop posting as many of my posts are being misunderstood and because it is getting more difficult for me to do anyway.

Wishing only the best to all of you on this difficult journey.

Love, BlueSkies

MPSunshine
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 11:17 AM

Hi, BlueSkies, You have never hurt nor have you ever even close to offended me. Thick skin here, but no reason to have a thick skin with you. The reason I'm responding is that you have posted your apology on all the boards and I would like to say that you are not chocolate cake to try to be pleasant to everyone. You are yourself, a person in your own right, and you can state your opinion as well as the next person, or not, if you so choose. I personally would miss your posts if you decided to outright stop, just as I have missed, and was pleased to see MaryW back as well as others who went quiet for awhile. My opinion, ready to own it. Nadine aka MPSunshine
ladyzetta
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 11:40 AM

Blue Skies,

I have been reading these Boards for a few months now, and I never have seen anything that you have posted that could have offended anyone.
We are all here to helps each other and I have received so much help for everyone on these Boards. There has been times you have helped me as well as many others have, please continue your support.
I am not sure how to connect but I would love to connect with you, I am still new at these Boards and I am trying my best to understand Dementia, my DH is in a MC facility and I have a lot of different feelings and I am not sure how to deal with them.

My Best to You, Take Care of Yourself, Love & Hugs Zetta
dutiful deb
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 12:19 PM

Blue Skies,

I am an on-again, off-again poster. I have to admit that I do not read every post on every board, and I have been limiting where I post, so I may have missed something, but that doesn't really matter.  Your posts, from what I have seen, are always uplifting. All of us have had our dreams shattered, and are working with the fragments we have to get through each day. God has not forsaken us, and I feel like He is using you and others to provide encouragement and light during a dark time. 

Broken Dreams

As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend.
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my Friend.

But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.

At last I snatched them back and cried,
"How could You be so slow"-
"My child," He said,
"What could I do? You never did let go."

Author: Unknown

chrisp1653
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 3:37 PM

BlueSkies. BlueSkies you have called yourself here, and to us who look for and love to read your thoughts, BlueSkies is who you are.

Matthew 21 : 15-17

But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that He had done, and the children who were shouting in the temple, “Hosanna to the Son of David,” they became indignant  and said to Him, “Do You hear what these children are saying?” And Jesus said to them, “Yes; have you never read, ‘Out of the mouth of infants and nursing babies You have prepared praise for Yourself’?”  And He left them and went out of the city to Bethany, and spent the night there.

You, perhaps do not see, that in this scripture, Jesus is speaking about you. You, like a child, perhaps, speak directly from your heart. You open yourself up here on these forums, and you bare your soul. I don't know personally of anyone who has been hurt but your words, but if indeed there are some who think they have been injured by you, then I will say to them, right now, that they brought their hurt with them, and a beautiful soul shined her light, and they saw that light, and saw their own hurt, and blamed her who shone the light.

You, BlueSkies, are one of the sweetest and most innocent ones here, and my life, and Nadine's, and Zetta's, and Deb's, and many, many others, will be dimmed if we lose you because someone has cried " hurt . "

Indeed, it is us who will cry " hurt , " if we no longer can avail ourselves of your counsel .

Chris

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 1:07 PM

It’s impossible, Blue Skies, to go through life without offending some people. Impossible. Impossible. Impossible. But I try not to let them offend me. I’ve learned toleration. Not perfectly, by any means. But I am not easily offended.  My skin gets thicker and thicker. Meanwhile, I don’t mind offending some thin-skinned people. It’s my nature. Often, they misconstrue my humor. That’s tough. They’ve never learned to laugh. When I tell them that. They often are offended. Too bad. That’s their problem. I’m not going to pussyfoot around the humorless. I want to be a stand-up comic some day. And I don’t expect everyone in the audience to laugh. They may be offended by my humor. They don’t get it. Again, that’s their problem. Not mine. I don’t get everyone’s humor myself. Maybe because I’m stupid. Too stupid to be offended if they happen to be offended.  Blue Skies, keep being yourself. Without fear of offending someone. You have yet to offend me. I can’t be offended by nice and decent people. You qualify, of course. We’re friends, aren’t we? --Jim

BlueSkies
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 2:10 PM

I just want to say that I am so surprised by how many people responded to my goodbye threads on all the different boards in such a positive way.  It was so unexpected, but certainly a great comfort to me.  I even received several private messages from people reaching out to me to stay.  Many were from caregivers.  That was truly not expected.  I feel that I owe it to the many who have taken the time to reach out to me to explain why I wrote what I did.

I am going through a lot of difficult things lately and I think the cumulative effect of all the stress has left my judgement compromised.  I also believe I am suffering from a bit of paranoia.  I felt that many no longer liked my posts and preferred that I kept my opinions/comments to myself.  Everything I read or saw seemed, in my mind to confirm this. 

I think before I go on I would like to tell you about the stressors that I believe may have had to do with this frame of mind.  I have had a time with the myoclonic jerks that seem to have invaded my life and making me miserable.  Eating is a chore when I never know when they will come.  I have thrown food accidently and spilled many a drink.  I am feeling everyone is looking at me now when I go out and they begin to appear.  The jerking is also keeping me up at night as I try to doze off and am only awakened violently by another jerk. 

My little Chihuahua Daisy got into a sago palm that I had just planted in my new back yard and became violently ill.  She has been at the Vet hospital since Wednesday ( I think) anyway, she almost died from poisoning and I just found out today that she is going to survive.  The stress of possibly losing her and the guilt of it being my fault for planting (unknowingly) a poisonous plant in our yard for her to eat has had me on the edge of losing it.

I saw that Chris whom I just love responded to one of my post about feeling overwhelmed sometimes (something about piles of stones) with a comment that I am not the only one who feels this way.  I took it wrong and thought that he thought I was thinking my pain was the only pain  (the paranoia began)  then a couple threads in the caregiver section were deleted after I had posted on them and just assumed it was because of what I wrote (the paranoia continues).  I then saw that Jim in musings wrote about people who think they know it all and of course I assumed he was talking about me (paranoia mounting).  I saw that not many were posting in EO and assumed it was because of me, (yes Iris, I thought you hated me because I did give you a hard time in the past because I just thought you weren't caring enough, but have since seen your very caring heart, thanks for accepting my apologies).

The paranoia seeped into my home and I even thought my husband was out to end my life because I saw a letter in the mail regarding life insurance on me through his work.  It's a long story and so untrue what I thought and am embarrassed that I even went there with him.  He has always been there for me and I know always will now.  We can laugh about it now, but it was not at all funny at the time.

Anyway, I wanted to share with everyone what has been happening and why I wrote what I did.  I believe I was a victim of self doubt and paranoia and want to apologize to all for thinking the way I did.  I do love all my friends here and thank you all so much for reaching out to me.  I think I need to at least take a break from posting for now until I can get it together more.  I plan on coming back when things get better. 

Love, BlueSkies

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 2:12 AM

My. advice, Blue Skies, is to keep posting in musings. You’ll be safe and well-received here. Musings is different. From other parts of the message boards. I was uncomfortable in the care-givers forum. Musings offers more free expression. It’s a place for respite. Have you noticed?   The camaraderie. The good vibes. The tolerance. Stick with musings. You’ll feel accepted and appreciated. It’ll be good for your morale. Believe me. I’ll personally see to it. So will the rest of the musings gang. You are one of us. Please don’t abandon us. Quit the caregivers forum if you must.  I did. A long time ago. One of the best decisions I ever made. I came to musings. And found my comfort. My home. My friends. My gang. Found you, too, Blue Skies.  You belong here. We need you. And you need us. Especially during perilous .times. Stay. Stay. Stay. Right here. In musings. Make us joyful. By having you around. Daily. We’ll make it worth your while. ---Jim

MPSunshine
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:55 AM

Hi, BlueSkies, Reading your story makes me realize again how incredibly valuable your input is. You are reflecting while living your life. I read your and others' passages so that I might better understand my own journey. However you offer a precious gift whenever you write anything, by allowing others to read how you are thinking. Take your time. Post anywhere you want. Take care, I wish you the best!
ladyzetta
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:19 PM

Dear Blue Skies,

I am still pretty new to this forum,  I am glad you are coming back. You have helped me a few times and I really appreciate that. When I joined up here I was a very emotional wreck but with the help of  all of the people here I have come along way. Please take care of your self. Hugs Zetta

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 11:42 PM

Okay Blue Skies,   I know causing people to say wonderful things about you was far from your goal, but Wow!    

I hope you are well and missing us a little.

We are here, stranded. Jim did not even write his column today. I had to go all over to ma k e sure he was not missing in action.

I have not read the newspaper in Two years. This is my daily read after I spend some time in God's Instruction  Book. (My 3rd grader language) I sure do like teaching that age.  They think the world is perfect and any adult  is  too.

Well, I had my ladies over  tonight . And LO slept through the whole thing. I was nervous for no reason. Amazing.

Sleep well. Blessings., sharon

chrisp1653
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:46 AM

You and me both, Sharon. I've been checking off and on for most of the day, and no  Jim to be found. You haven't missed much with the papers. It's much more uplifting here, even if the subject matter is dementia.

If you hear anything worth reporting, feel free to post it here.

And I think BlueSkies will be fine. She is just such a tender and gentle soul, and some of us, ( well, ok - ME, ) write like a steamroller, with about that much sensitivity.

Hmmm.. getting late here, and I still need to polish up my thoughts for the Wednesday Bible Verse To Lift You Up over in the caregivers venue. I really don't know how Veronica has done that day in and day out. Commenting is so much easier.

Jim, if you're in the room, raise your hand, will ya ?

Chris

Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, June 9, 2017 9:29 AM

Truth be told. Sometimes, I intentionally offend people. That's my aim. Because they deserve to be offended.  And it makes me feel good. To have offended rude people. --Jim
jfkoc
Posted: Friday, June 9, 2017 11:09 AM

I would  never do that.  I would rather try to effect change. I would never feel good by hurting someone. 

Thanks for the warning, Jim. 

George K
Posted: Friday, June 9, 2017 11:31 AM

I don't get it...why should I imitate behavior I don't like?  Why should I let someone else dictate my behavior?  I'm a believer in being true to myself, not "monkey see, monkey do."
George K
Posted: Friday, June 9, 2017 11:34 AM

BlueSkies, I'm truly sorry we got off topic.  Your original post demands much more consideration and respect.
jfkoc
Posted: Friday, June 9, 2017 11:37 AM

I agree George...mea culpa
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, June 9, 2017 6:15 PM

Look at it this way, folks. Offending someone isn’t the worst thing one can do. That’s certainly far better than becoming violent. I remember offending some bigots. When I was involved in the civil rights movement. In Florida. In the 1960s. I felt good about it. It was the right thing to do. I wouldn’t mind offending the Ku Klux Klan. I know some very pathetic human beings.  Some that may even be beyond redemption. If I happen to offend them, so be it. Meanwhile, I would go out of my way to NOT offend anyone here in musings. I respect each and everyone of you. You are decent people. Decent human beings.  But not everyone in this world is decent. Far from it. Of course, I’m supposed to love my 'enemies.' And I’m supposed to turn my other cheek. Sorry folks. I don’t love some of my ‘enemies.’  As for turning the other cheek. Mostly I do. I prefer to retreat. But other times, I might strike back. I haven’t ever killed anyone.  Or beat up anyone. But am I capable of returning violence with violence? I imagine I could. If pushed beyond reasonable restraint. I hope that never happens. But hey, let’s be honest. War is war. One can be faced with the dilemma. Kill or be killed. I’m a pacifist. But with limits. Yes, I’m a pacifist who doesn’t mind offending indecent scumbags. Face it. Sometimes hurtful words are appropriate. If aimed at despicable people. But believe me, all of you here are safe from my venom. I’m really a nice and loving guy. Honest, too. Telling you where I stand. On the complex and evolving issues of life.  --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 6:00 AM

In my career. As a journalist. I offended my share of people. In stories that I wrote. Really, it didn’t bother me when  certain politicians were offended.  Even today. I don’t mind if Donald Trump, and his cronies and most rabid supporters, are offended over what I have to say. After all, they don’t mind offending all sorts of people themselves. In scurrilous ways. With preposterous lie upon preposterous lie. I see Trump as a pathological liar. If he takes personal offense over that. Well, too bad. At the moment. I’m not sorry. I have no intent of apologizing. Even Jesus offended his share of people. He didn’t ingratiate himself with the money lenders. By overturning their tables in the temple, or wherever it was. Imagine that. Righteous wrath. From Jesus. And from the creator himself. The bible is full of examples. I’m guilty of wrath, too. I only wish it weren’t righteous. Can’t help myself. That’s the way I am. Full of foibles. The imperfections of being a passionate human. -Jim

BlueSkies
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:04 AM

We are all imperfect Jim.  All we can do is the best that we can.  Learn from our mistakes, leave them behind and try to do better as we move along in this journey called life.  No offenses taken here.  We are all just voicing opinions, thoughts, musings... 

Love you all...BlueSkies

Andy59
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2017 12:24 PM

Blueskies - I enjoy reading all your posts on this forum, and I have learned a lot from you. I hope you continue posting.
BlueSkies
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2017 1:45 PM

Thank you Andy.  What a nice thing for you to say and for me to read.  Made my day today.