RSS Feed Print
Is it a angel or our brain tricking us?
gogirl
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 4:24 PM

My husband and I have been taking care of his mom for the past 8 years. She has parkinson's dementia for 20 years. She is at the last stage of her disease.We do believe there is a God.In the past months I have awoken in the middle of the night feeling there is something or energy sitting next to me.It is not scarey but calm and peaceful. My husband has had the same feeling. Could it be a angel or is it our brains tricking us? Maybe this is just preparing us for death is near by. This has been a long rode for all of us.We have tried to keep her healthy and comfortable best as possible. Has anyone had strange feeling as death is near us?
chrisp1653
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 5:29 PM

I can't say that I have, gogirl, but I might pose a question for you : If it's your brain tricking you, how did it know that this was the right time for the trick ? And, if it's a brain trick, how interesting that you and your husband both were " tricked " at about the same time . I prefer the spiritual answer, myself. God knows when we need peace, and our brains seem better at getting us wound up , and then un-sprung, than they do at bringing us peace.

Romans 15:33 :

The God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Chris

gogirl
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 6:31 PM

I too prefer the spiritual answer

Thank you

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 5:55 PM

Something happened today at our house, different but similar I think. My hubby went on hospice this week with his early onset Alzheimer's. Today I asked the Dr . To stop all meds except for comfort. He agreed. No Coumadin, digoxin,( big guns in my book.) Not known to hubby.

I came in the bedroom and on his bedside table he had a big dull knife. I asked what that was for. "You know".." but I am okay now"

The way God cares for me is like this, affirmation that I am doing the right thing.

I hope that makes sense to someone besides me.

I saw a vision when my daughter was dying, as real as these letters. It was so bright all I could make out were feathers in the ceiling of my home. No one can tell me that that was not a  "well done" from God. He knows what we need for encouragement.

Blessings, sharon

BlueSkies
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 10:31 PM

Sharon, so beautiful!  

A couple days after my dad died I had a "dream" where he came to me and spoke with me.  In the "dream" I even said to him, " dad, you can't be here, your dead".  "Yes, yes", he said,  " I know" and then we proceeded to have a long discussion.   He was essentially telling me that he was okay and much much more, but I never remembered the "much more".  I just know we talked a lot.  When I woke up, I immediately thought, wow, what a dream.  It had seemed so real.  But then as I stood to get out of bed I could smell my dad in the room.  I took care of him in his last days and knew his smell so well.  It was a musty, but pleasent odor, it was my dad!  I cried softly as I walked around the room smelling my dad and I said aloud to him, "thank you dad.  I love you and I'm going to miss you".  I wanted to hug him so bad, but couldn't, so I hugged myself and said, "this is for you dad".   His smell lingered in my room for most of that day.  It was such a beautiful thing.  Just wanted to share this.  For some reason it seemed appropriate to share it here today.

PS...Just wanted to add that I took care of my dad at his house, not mine.  So I should not have smelled his scent there.  Also when my father in law died, I did not have a dream, but he came to me as well the very next day after his death.  His scent was unmistakably there and I had no doubt it was him.  I thanked him also for his visit.

ladyzetta
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 10:52 PM

Its a Angel!. My sister died last year from lung cancer. I had given her a Christmas Cactus a year before she passed away, and hers keep growing and growing and had flowers on it. Mine never did anything it stayed small and never did anything. So she was always teasing me about my plant. After she passed away, on my way home from Sacto to Oregon, I asked God to let me know she was in a better place, and for her to give me a sign she was happier. When I got home there was a little flower on my plant, my plant has never bloomed before that and has never bloom since. I saved that flower I have it in a little plastic bag. I keep that to remind me there is a better place. Hugs to All, Zetta
BlueSkies
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 11:03 PM

Oh Zetta, how wonderful!  Yes, there really is a better place.
George K
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2017 3:15 AM

My wife died November 6th, 2016.  We both enjoyed walking around our yard observing and smelling flowers.  We have three fragrant viburnum shrubs that had fully bloomed in late March and early April.  My wife's birthday was May 16th.  The viburnum closest to our house had one solitary bloom for her birthday.  It first appeared the Saturday before Mother's Day.  To me, that was a message from my wife that all is well.
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2017 5:34 AM

The miracle of life itself. Is a sign. That all is well. It gives one the opportunity. To perceive. And savor. The goodness of life. Even in so-called bad times. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2017 5:42 AM

I don't mind being tricked. In good and pleasant and uplifting ways. --Jim
BlueSkies
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2017 12:29 PM

George,

What a beautiful message you received from your wife.  So glad you were able to see it.

I think we all get messages, all the time.  Sometimes we notice them and sometimes we don't.  Messages come in so many different ways.  We all need to be more open to these messages and not with just the eyes.  Sometimes it's a sound, a smell, or even just a feeling.  So many are too busy to take notice of such things.  It's a shame.  There is soo much going on around us that we are totally unaware of.  I hope that we all can learn to take time to pay attention and listen with our heart to what is being given us.  That's why I like to be in nature.  It is the perfect place to get my messages.  No distractions, just me and God and all his beautiful creations.

Jim, it's a trick if you think it so.  I prefer to take it for what it presents itself as.

Love, BlueSkies

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2017 1:29 PM

It is my belief that God brings things to us in ways we can understand, the  senses that we know and spiritually,  the one that is often new to us and beyond our comprehending.

I think he is able to soothe us with a voice we knew. When my grandmother passed away at 97 , 20 years after my mother, I had cared for her. In my mom's voice one day I heard " well done honey" while I was driving alone. It was the most encouraging words I had ever heard. It was as if she were right next to me.

People often ask me about my faith, I wish they could hear all the daily triumphs I have had. One would think I was making them up!  How can someone not believe in our creator?  When we moved to OKC 11 years ago, I was assured after waiting 6 months that my 3 foster children would have insurance through the state. We got here and immediately found out that their meds totally $4,000 a month would not be covered!  That went on for 4 months!  They did not miss a dose!  "Walking on water"   I have done it!

I also give All the Glory to God for my week of 240/100 blood pressure without having a stroke last year and 6 months later having my 90% clogged carotid cleaned out.  How did I survive?  I call it Amazing grace.

Blessings abounding, sharon

meltruman14
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2017 3:37 PM

How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me I once was lost but now am found was blind but now I see.

Thank you all for your uplifting comments, With teary eyes, As Always

Godspeed......................Mel

meltruman14
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2017 3:38 PM

By the way...Satan is the father of lies, so nothing good comes from him
sharon11daugherty
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2017 4:35 PM

Welcome Mel, haven't met you before!
BethL
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2017 7:36 PM

Sharon, You are an inspiration to me! Keep posting!

There are many mysteries in life. Here are two that I know happened to persons I knew.

1) When Arline was nearing death, she saw and heard her husband, who had died years before, say, "Arline, I'm coming to get you."  She died shortly thereafter.

2) A friend of mine was dying of cancer. She was in an inpatient hospice and she asked her sister who was at her bedside if her friend Steve (from out of state) was coming. Her sister said yes. Connie replied, "Then I'll wait."  So, we have some control over when we pass???

Astonishing! Our God has a big part in all of this. And remember, Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life and no man cometh to the Father but by Him. from John 14:6

ladyzetta
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2017 8:04 PM

BethL

The same thing happened when my Grandfather passed away. He had been in a coma a few days before he passed. He never was much of a believer, but my Grandmother was, she had passed away a few years before he did.

A spirit came into him, just before he passed he opened his eyes and said, very plainly  Milly,  I will be with you soon. He then passed away.   Peace Be With You All.  Zetta