RSS Feed Print
A simple cure for Alzheimer's.
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 12:42 PM

I’m convinced. Beyond a doubt. That Alzheimer’s is strictly a physical malady. With absolutely no connection to one’s spirit. Therefore, when the spirit breaks free of physical containment.  Presto. Like magic.  One’s dementia is left behind. Discarded. Gone forever. No more physical woes and discomforts. That’s the way it’s been. For almost 10 years now. For my dear and blessed Jeanne. Because she lives and thrives. In the spiritual realm.  With a clear and unencumbered mind. Little wonder. That I never had valid reason to grieve for Jeanne. She has the best of life. Yes. Yes. I believe in the spirit. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:37 AM

Strange, isn’t it? I’m not religious.  Yet I believe in a spiritual afterlife. For everyone. Makes me a positive-thinking optimist. A believer in spirituality. Yes, life can be spiritual. Without having religious links or connotations. Life is life. And life comes with a spiritual element/strain. True life has a s spiritual depth to it.  Not physical. A spiritual soul. Takes time getting used to it. Some don’t. Until they fully escape the physical realm. Presto. Alas, the spirit is free. No more physical restraints. No more dementia. No more physical albatrosses. Hampering one’s movements and one’s mind. Yes, that’s the way I see true life. Life that goes beyond religion. Ultimately, we all become aware of our spirits. The spirit is there. Living inside us. Right now. There to be embraced. Joyfully. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 6:44 AM

Here’s what amazes me. So very many professed believers in the afterlife. Really don’t believe. In practice. They have serious doubts. Otherwise, why would they be afraid to die?  Or why would they grieve incessantly over the loss of loved ones? Knowing that there is eternal life. As conscious, thinking spirits. Perhaps a reuniting with their loved ones. Oh, so many reasons for optimism. If one believes beyond a doubt. Yes, one can walk on water. Even in the physical realm.  If one truly believes.  That’s the way I see it. Step forward, true believers.  Pass the test. --Jim

Andrew60
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 9:34 AM

Jim, I cant speak for other Christians, but Im a firm believer in where I will spend eternity, and Im not afraid of dying. Dont get me wrong, I dont want to die a painful death, but actually dying, I look forward to that day. At the same time, I dont want to leave my family, but I will and so will they they, draw comfort from knowing we will be united again. I miss my Mother, but Im happy knowing she is in a far better place.
ALZConnected Moderator
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:24 AM

This thread has been modified by the Moderator.

A post has been removed from this thread that violated the ALZConnected Guidelines. 

This modification may have an impact on subsequent responses to the removed post. 

Members affected by this modification will be notified by email.

If you have questions or concerns regarding this modification, use the Contact Us form at the top of the page. 

Thank you,

ALZConnected Moderator

ALZConnected Moderator
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:26 AM

To ensure that ALZConnected remains a positive and supportive environment, the Alzheimer’s Association reserves the right to remove any post or thread that is deemed unsupportive or unconstructive to the community. 

When posting on this thread please adhere to the user-guidelines below. Violation of these guidelines may result in Moderator action to lock or delete the thread.

• Please be respectful of others and their opinions. Diverse opinions and experiences add richness to the support provided to members.
  • Personal attacks are not permitted.
  • Keep posts relevant to this discussion thread. Inappropriate or off-topic messages may be removed at the discretion of the Moderator.   

Thank you for continuing to be part of this growing community of strength and support.

ALZConnected Moderator

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:46 AM

Thank you. Thank you,  Thank you, dear moderators. As the starter of this thread, I fully support your action. --Jim
Andrew60
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:46 PM

Hardly anyone got to see my posts, but Jim, you know they were positive, and in support of you, which at least you had the chance to view before, for whatever reasons, the mods lumped my posts in with the troublesome posts. One of those posts took me 30 minutes to complete, so I will be hesitant to post anywhere else again on this forum.

Jim - Take care my friend.

jfkoc
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:09 PM

Andrew, your last post on this thread was certain seen by me as positive and frankly I have never seen one from you that was not respectful.

I too have had posts modified and deleted...over all I think they do a good job even if there have been times when I thought they should have jumped in sooner . We have lost some dear friends because of this.

Please do not hesitate to continue....you have much to offer.

chrisp1653
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:40 PM

Andrew, I also agree that your posts have been well within the parameters of this venue. Furthermore, the fact that you put so much time into some of them is fairly obvious, at least to me, because in spite of the difficulties you have mentioned in the past, your posts are clear and quite readable, and I for one, will miss seeing your posts if you decide to quit.

Chris

Andrew60
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:49 PM

Thanks Chris and Jfkoc.

What I had mentioned earlier is that several weeks ago, I had went back to the political thread and deleted all my posts. Why? My comments were emotional driven, and were not a good witness of my faith. Jim and I have very different views, and thats perfectly ok. There are two sides for all issues, and when we disagree, it might be possible to meet on the middle ground, and hopefully, folks in DC will do the same. Sometimes, I forget the focus of this forum is for support of those with dementia, or MCI, and posts should not be divisive.

jfkoc
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:56 PM

Well, it does clearly state what the musing forum was set up for and you are spot on.