RSS Feed Print
inertia may be protective reaction?
alz+
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 12:35 PM

Considering our bodies are always working to keep us alive, and wondering why I can not get out of bed and do anything most days, it occurred to me that maybe the inertia is like a safety feature.

When my thinking is impaired I just can not force myself to get up. My skin is sensitive and I get bed sores on my butt very easily so that is another reason I want to be doing something, any thing! besides computer or tv watching.

But the days when I have the body-lock, my cognition is also off, and when I take the cbd oil it brings it back. Those days I am up and out of bed.

So maybe we get immobilized when our body does not think we are safe being up and about. The new cars have those instant braking systems and warnings - thinking it is something like that.

Has anyone had a good thinking day with inertia? Or is inertia a possible reaction to the body feeling unsafe with us at the controls that day so it grounds us until our cognition picks up again?

We went back to cbd in a.m. and the thc cbd at night and I have been able to walk, slower than ever - but I do it, and cleaned a bathroom for my daughter's visit (it took 4 hours to do what would have taken 45 minutes 10 years ago) but I did it.

love and courage

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 7:57 PM

Are you possible eligible?

Assistance is available for individuals who need help with daily activities and meet eligibility requirements. To receive Home Help services, a person must be eligible for Medicaid and require physical assistance with at least one activity of daily living. This website is designed to assist Home Help providers, if you are a beneficiary and looking to apply for assistance through the Home Help program click here to go to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Independent Living Services page for eligibility information.

(Not certain of your state)

Also Hospice can provide home aide for stuff like lite meals.