RSS Feed Print
Well, I Did It
BillBRNC
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:12 AM

I've been wondering what do about Christmas. Wife was going to come to CCRC and spend it here with me for several days. But I decided when she here earlier that I wanted to try to get myself to our home in mounatains. This might be the last Christmas I am theoryetically able to travel, so that means it might be last time for me to see grandkids at home for Christmas, so I just have to try and do it. I really don't know if I can sit in car for 2 hours for  drive, then spend three nights there, but I am going to do it no matter what, so that is that for now. I probably will be all messed up in the head and everything from confusion and anxiety and chaos and uncomfortable stuff, but I can't pass this chance, so I am going to go. My wife will bear most of work becuase she will have to come and get me, then take us back, then bring me back, then return. Lot of driving, but she wants to do it if I can come. So I will be going to my home for Christmas. I guess a Yippie is in order. Bill.
BlueSkies
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:25 AM

I think it's a wonderful idea Bill...you will be okay.  Just take it easy and don't push yourself too hard.  Most of all though, relax and enjoy your Christmas and the precious time with your wife.

Lots of love to you and Merry Christmas!

Oh yeah, Yippie!!!!

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:27 AM

We all do things. Somewhat reluctantly at times, Bill. With trepidation.  I'm feeling a little bit like you now. I could stay home. Or I could go. To France. For the holidays. My plane leaves Saturday. Knowing. Knowing that I can come home again. To the safety of my cocoon. But why hurry? I'll tell you about it. Upon my return. Promise. You'll tell me about your trip, too. Let's share. The possibility that the entire world is a cocoon. If we choose to make it so. --Jim
jfkoc
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 11:06 AM

You are going to be mostly fine. Keep Doc close. Pace yourself. Have a quiet place to retreat to and above all tell your wife when you need to go there.

Two hours? That is nothing. People commute 1.5 each way everyday. Let your wife know if you get antsy. Stop. Walk or sit quietly. You can even turn back if you want.

Do not push.....enjoy the children.

If it all goes south get in the car and return post haste.

Please keep us posted!!!!!!!

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 11:38 AM

Be an optimist, Bill. Believe in yourself. I believe in you.  I'm sure. So do others.  You express yourself. Quite well. You are more with it. Than you take credit for. Be confident. -Jim
Sayra
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 12:55 PM

Bill I hope that you and your family have a peaceful day in the mountains.

Take Care.    Sara

obrien4j
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 8:21 AM

Good for you, Bill. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!