RSS Feed Print
Not sure what is going on here?
BlueSkies
Posted: Sunday, December 24, 2017 10:45 AM

Hi to my friends here.  

I have a problem.  I posted my return on the EO board because a friend said many were worried about me there and there was a post asking about me.  But when I responded on this post I got a very cool reception by most.  Some very nice comments, but was ignored by many, especially by those who are suppose to understand me the most.  Others on the boards who say they have dementia.  I do not understand it.  Can someone here please explain to me what I have done wrong to get the cold shoulder by so many there.  Does anyone else see this?  

Please help me understand what is going on?????

BethL
Posted: Sunday, December 24, 2017 11:05 AM

Posting is not the same as emailing - it is not two-way communication.  Because someone doesn't reply to your post doesn't mean they don't care. 

I believe your disease process causes you to be very emotional, and very sensitive - for example, thinking you are being criticized when others don't see it that way, or thinking others are giving you the cold shoulder just because they don't post a reply.

People here do care. I see evidence of it every day. People care about you!

BillBRNC
Posted: Sunday, December 24, 2017 12:10 PM

BlueSkies, you know how I feel about the EO board, but true that many people there do care about you. I think many care about me, but I not go there anymore because of situation there. I won't return until certain people gone for good, even then who knows. But fact is those people are never going to go because that board is their life...big fish in small pond so they say. I think people who have real dementia or at least real MCI care greatly about you, but people who are fraud or fake are happy with you gone. I know they happy that I am gone. I don't care, I really don't. I don't have time for that crap, plus 90 percent of posts there are no value to me, so let them live in their world is fine with me. But you BlueSkies are very much cared for by the people who count, I hope you know and believe that. Bill.
BillBRNC
Posted: Sunday, December 24, 2017 12:14 PM

Oh, and my new picture thing shows where I am now in my journey. I am alone with Doc in a dark and cold place. I sometimes do better, but much of time I am there. I can truly count on Doc. I can also count on my wife, but I do want her to live a real life, not 24-7 with my jounrey.
chrisp1653
Posted: Sunday, December 24, 2017 2:02 PM

In my ( almost ) one year here, I've noticed that dementia seems to do two things with laser point accuracy. It brings out the best in some people, and in others, it brings out the worst. I have learned a lot from just reading posts here, and sometimes, I want to comment, but the words I summon up seem to fall so short of what I want to say, that I don't say anything. At other times, I barge right in, and say things that I later wish I could take back. I'd love it if there was a way for me to have everything that BlueSkies has ever posted, put into a book form, so I could read it all chronologically and try to get the most impact from it. She was my 2nd contact here, and if there is a sweeter soul in these forum venues than her, then I guess I'm just not looking hard enough. Well... enough said from this caregiver. It's Christmas eve afternoon, ( if that's a correct term, ) and there is snow falling here. It looks beautiful, but the best will be when it stops coming down, and the clouds move back, leaving the Winter sun, the white snow, and the blue skies.

Chris

lisabramey
Posted: Sunday, December 24, 2017 4:21 PM

Dear Blue Skies,

I understand what you mean. I always get a cold to cool reception on the Early Board. If you want I will be glad to email with you. I don't know how to do it here.

Lisa

BlueSkies
Posted: Sunday, December 24, 2017 10:26 PM

Here it is, Christmas eve and I am feeling a bit silly for posting this and letting things get to me.  Especially about things that really just don't matter or shouldn't anyway.   Thank you Bill for reminding me of this.   By the way, love your new pic.   It looks like a hallmark Christmas card.   Or a snow globe...Yes, that's it.  A snow globe. 

Beth, yes I am very sensitive lately.   Anxiety seems to be my new constant companion.   It is an ongoing job keeping it under control.  I do appreciate you taking time to respond to help me with this. 

Chris, you are always so kind.  Thank you.  I  love your description.  Sounds wonderful, especially the blue skies.

Lisa, thank you also.  Your very sweet.

I'm feeling better guys.    Thanks for the lift up.

Would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas....

Love, BlueSkies

ladyzetta
Posted: Thursday, December 28, 2017 1:37 PM

Dear BlueSkies,

I am so glad too see you back posting and I think you know I am one of your biggest fans. Your post have been so helpful to me especially during the time I had to place DH a year ago.

I am sure you know some of the Know it All's on these boards have no idea what they are talking about and you just have to ignore them and know some of us really care about you and others. There are a few I choose to ignore.

You have been missed by myself and many others, I am sure your personal contacts have let you know that. Please don't let these people hurt you again. Big Hugs to You, Zetta 

Angel_Wolf
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 10:36 PM

Dear Blue Skies!   I've been off the computer for a long, long while but can honestly say I've kept you in my prayers....  Perhaps many of us are exhausted by the Dec activities which can be so demanding with many, many delays, interruptions and intrusions...  

I have benefitted from your posts and often look for you specially because I often resonate with what you perceive and express: never occurred to me you might need to know that!  Anyway, sweet Blue Skies, we do appreciate you.  Virtual hug?  HUG!

Amor Fati
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 5:42 PM

Dear Sweet BlueSkies,

As always, I come very late to this thread, but I do want to tell you how much I appreciate your input and insights. They are priceless and so helpful to me as a care partner/giver. You are the sunshine after a rainy day. I rarely post now, letting AD having a backseat in our lives. After reading an endless string of books on the subject, my DH and I now take it one day at a time and try to live a "normal" life. When and if symptoms present themselves, we deal with as a team. Like you, I draw much strength from the supernatural realm (God?) 

Please keep posting, I so enjoy reading your comments, even if I don't reply and very seldom post. Wishing you and your DH a very peaceful and maybe even joyful year.

Mimi S.
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 9:03 PM

Dear Blue Skies.

As a PWD I do remember people inqiring about you.  I do remebr your reply and how happy we were to have you back.

Sorry, it may be my dementia, but I don't recall an replies that were negative. I' could have missed them.  

All are welcome on these boards as long as they follow te guidelines, which to me seem very loose.

Mimi S.
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 9:14 PM

Dear Blue Skies.

As a PWD I do remember people inqiring about you.  I do remebr your reply and how happy we were to have you back.

Sorry, it may be my dementia, but I don't recall an replies that were negative. I' could have missed them.  

All are welcome on these boards as long as they follow te guidelines, which to me seem very loose.

BlueSkies
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 9:50 PM

Zetta, thanks so much.  Your posts are always like a big hug to me.

Angel, I had no idea.  Thanks for letting me know and for the hug.

Amor Fati, so glad to see you on here!   What a wonderful surprise!  One day at a time, yes, that's the only way.  Wishing you a blessed New Year!  

Mimi, your thinking of another time.  Probably when I came back from my stay at epilepsy unit at UAB.   But, it's okay and all is well.  I'm just too sensitive for my own good, but I'm working on it.  Thanks for your response.