RSS Feed Print
I danced early for new year
alz+
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 7:44 AM

yesterday I had one my clearest most functional days in years.

Keeper is working nights and taking care of our living business changes like cell phones exchanged and insurance etc so he dropped me at my favorite thrift store and went on his errands. I did not say anything to offend anyone, I did not over shop (even on 25 cent day), I sat down when I had to wait longer than I thought. Then we went to lunch at Mexican restaurant and I ate everything on my plate. Have not done that in more than a year.

Came home and was beat - but! I live on a ski hill and they are having a new year's party weekend with live music at one of the pubs. I wanted to go but I am usually in bed from 4pm and my eyes were closing.

But this was one of those chances to live again, so we went over there. The room was full - of people drinking and swiping at their phones while band was playing. I knew it was too loud for Keeper (my hearing loss is suddenly a benefit!) but I stood up and busted out all my moves. I think we were there for 5 songs.

He brought me home, 4 below zero, went to bed and just woke up.

I danced. I did stuff my body doesn't do anymore. I did not fix myself up or try to pass for normal. The chef was bussing dishes and singing and I think he would have danced with me if his hands weren't full.

I am hoping to go again! Not sure how my  mind cleared and my body worked but we had just had a phone call that there is a fresh cbd oil batch for us to go pick up.

I have used Gabapentin 100mg in past week to help me sleep with back and leg pain... ??? It gives my physical strength and the cbd clears my mind.

Our legal state makes purchasing and growing so complicated most people can not comply. I may talk to our town council about learning what cannabis medicine does. 

I do believe I benefited tremendously from my week of pain and preparing to die. I let go of so much resentment and anger and expectations that I feel lighter physically and mentally.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup

So I went from wanting to die miserable insufferable pain and misery to dancing in 10 days. Screw Alzheimer's. I am going to have fun.

Happy New Year!

llee08032
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 8:21 AM

I'm so happy you got out for some fun! God Bless your sparkling soul!
BlueSkies
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 11:02 AM

Alz, thanks for sharing.  I am taking gabapentin also and CBD oil which I vape now.  New Christmas present.    Both have helped me tremendously.

Glad you had a good time.

Lots of love to you...BlueSkies

lisabramey
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 12:26 PM

Dear Alz+,

YOU GO GIRL

Lisa
kRc
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 3:51 PM

​So glad you had fun and shared it with us.
thanks, karen​

jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 3:55 PM

I have skied up there. Which hill are you talking about?
Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 7:30 PM

Dance away, Ms Alz+ 2017!  Kick up those heels!

Happy New Year!

Iris L.

alz+
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2017 9:12 PM

JFKOC - Indianhead Mountain and Blackjack are now under one management. It is busy Dec -March, the rest of the year it is quiet.

Last night I walked in 10 below zero snowfall a half mile to the saloon to hear another band. Mister did not want to go and I have no other friends to go with, can not drive, so I went rogue. I did not actually feel the cold as much as a normal person would.

I got there and a few neighbors were at the bar and they were colluding to keep me from walking home. Finally I snuck out and made it almost to our driveway before a search crew drove up and scolded me.

Ticked me off. So tonight we usually go to a dinner at the restaurant but we missed it last year, and Keeper doesn't want to go this year either, then I gave up seeing the fireworks as I don't have a ride, and gave upon the bluegrass band I wanted to hear and went to bed.

The one super day ended. Boredom can make me anxious. So I am in bed, Keeper is going to work, and I will probably sleep through end of year. Also missing the Super Moon tonight.

I am lonesome. The friend I met while walking my dog went back to Texas and have not heard from her again. I might get up after Keeper goes to work and try to make it to the bar again, even though I am really tired out.

The idea of over 55 mobile home parks being an alternative to assisted living still sounds good to me. It is so frustrating when no one else shares same dream, there is no help finding a place and too hard to do it alone.

I am very grateful the furnace works, the shingles are still calm, no migraine. 

love to everyone!

ps: I got a refurb iPhone 6S from ebay and it is easier to use than the Jitterbug phone was. We get a refund from Jitterbug and a promo from Verizon so it was less money total. Keeper took on the task of getting us 2 phones that work and setting it all up and finding the cheaper phone plan. The new phone with great camera might be fun in 2018.

alz+
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2017 9:21 PM

Blue Skies- I bought 2 vaporizers and they seemed too complicated or the effect was so subtle or something so I went back to sublingual.

I think we are only ones who use GABA? does it give you strength? Now that I think of it, I had used it 3 times in one week for me leg twitching and pain so it may have given me that one super normal day.

I am so glad you found stuff that helps you, if you want to share what it is like to use the CBD oil it might help others consider it.

California is 6 hours away from legalization and they have home delivery. 

jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2017 10:30 PM

Alz....I hope you sign on tomorrow so I can stop worrying about you out in the cold tomorrow. We would drive up from Chicago and ski Iron Mountain. I loved to ski!

Luke takes GABA and it does him a world of good.

Canada111
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2017 10:52 PM

I am puzzled by your up after down, Alz+, but love to see this all the same. Maybe it is the CBD oil after all. Careful in the cold.

Happy New Year!!!

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, January 1, 2018 12:46 PM

You've always been one to push the envelope, Alz+.  Drop some breadcrumbs when you go out.  I have learned to enjoy my solitude and my own company.  In fact, I learned some from you in how to entertain myself.  It's a great accomplishment.

Iris L.

obrien4j
Posted: Monday, January 1, 2018 3:42 PM

Alz, my friend, how I wish you lived next door- the fun we'd have! And the empathy and support we'd give each other.  I am so in the same situation- we just had the same conversation about mundane vs. "living life" and as much as she says she gets it, I know she thoroughly enjoys her blue recliner and a good show.She says she'll do whatever I want, but I know its no like it used to be. Now there's some drudgery added to the equation, and that's a bummer.But then again, when do ask her to do something or go somewhere, shes usually does so willing. So should I pick my battles? I guess Ive always wanted more adventure, initiative and emotion.Most times, we kinda flat-line, go so mundane that life becomes very boring. So my conversation was that I don't have the 40 years that she has ahead, based solely on parental good genes, and I need to do all the living I can do, while I still can do it. Like they say in the movies, I want to do only things that make me feel happy and good. Now that doesn't mean going all wild and crazy, but there's no harm going out and seeing a band or having a drink. Anyway, my cyber rebel friend- go for it, do all you can, screw everybody and screw this $%^&ing diseae!

i

'

'

Horse Lover
Posted: Monday, January 1, 2018 8:35 PM

Iris, what are the ways that you have learned to entertain yourself?