RSS Feed Print
Brrr...So cold!
BlueSkies
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 10:11 PM

I'm so tired of the cold.  Heard it is supposed to warm up here tomorrow.  I can't wait.  It seems to have gotten in my bones.

Anyone else cold?

ladyzetta
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 10:33 PM

Hi Blue Skies,

I am in Central Oregon and we usually have 4 feet of snow by now. We have had no snow no rain and a lot of sun. I love it I am not a big fan of snow. I am sure it is coming it is just taking its time. Stay Warm, Bundle up in a Blanket and keep Dancing.    Hugs Zetta  

chrisp1653
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 1:38 AM

Julie, inevitably, I long for the days when the hot sun won't be so hot, and when they get here, I'm good for a day or two, before I start on my " when is it going to warm up " grumbling. Heck. The reason I moved up here to the Pacific North West was so that I could experience some roller coaster weather. Well, ok... the weather was the 2nd reason. A girl was the first, but I really did think Winter was great, until I started having to work in it. Did I say I agree with Brrrrrrrrrrr ?
BlueSkies
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 8:49 AM

Zetta and Chris, 

I'm in Alabama and it's freezing.  Not use to this cold.  My MIL said it is because of all the weight I have lost.   I weigh 100 now .  Not too long ago was 130.  Not sure why I am dropping weight.  But with all my problems this is just one more of many.  I try to not think about them too much. The cold weather though has me stuck in my house.  Am usually outside most of the day enjoying nature and being pleasantly distracted.   It's really hard being stuck inside.  Also my bed seems to be a constant draw.  I try to stay up doing puzzles and getting on computer, but there really is not much else for me to do.   DH went back to work today.   I miss him so much when he is gone.  I think I got off subject and starting to ramble.  I need to start a rambling thread.  Like Jim.  Just type my thoughts as they come.  Lol, everyone would say, enough!! Lol.  Just a thought.

Going to crawl back in bed now.  Not only is it cold, but just started raining, ugh.

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 8:59 AM

The secret to cold weather enjoyment is silk. Get some silk long johns and undershirts. Much better than all of those layers or flannel.
MissHer
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 9:35 AM

Brrrr for sure, but we expect it here in Iowa. It is unusually cold though. We've had negative weather for over a week. Today in the 30s!! HEATWAVE
dutiful deb
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 10:27 AM

Chris described the Pacific Northwest's weather like a roller coaster. That's a great summation. Our weather forecast does change every day. An example of this would be, Monday: drizzle. Tuesday: showers. Wednesday: sprinkles. Thursday: mixed precipitation. Friday: partly sunny. Saturday: partly cloudy. Sunday: chance of  showers. And sometimes, the forecast even reads that we'll get plain old "rain"! I've even seen rain in front of my house while it was sunny in the backyard. 

Today, I'm not sure if it's drizzling, showering, or just plain raining, but I know it's wet and soggy out there, just like it was yesterday and the day before, and will be tomorrow and the day after. 

Zetta, I'm glad Central Oregon is getting some sunshine! Maybe we could send you some rain and you could send us some sun? If only that could happen. We got a rare White Christmas (well, mostly Christmas eve) here, and although I love snow, I'm okay with it if that's all we see this winter!

Stay warm and dry! 

kellly
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 11:12 AM

Personally, I have never been a big fan of snow and cold, and I've lived places that got plenty of those. Where I live now, we can experience temperatures that change by 30 to 40 degrees FROM MORNING TO AFTERNOON ON THE SAME DAY. So how are you supposed to acclimate to that?!?! We had a cold snap with single digit temps overnight and I sure noticed that cold and so did my furnace. It sounded like it was running almost ALL the time. I could have been burning money in it the way it was going. So yeah, BRRRrrrrr! I don't like it!!
MissHer
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 11:32 AM

Dutiful Deb

That gave me a giggle. I used to live in the Phoenix area. Its sunny and hot..except in the winter,,Then it's sunny and beautiful. I really miss the sunny and beautiful since moving back to IA in 1989. lol..still.. I only lived there for 4 years but I still miss it. sigh

BlueSkies
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 7:20 PM

Sunny, beautiful and blue skies.  That's what I like too.  Got that today.  Weather warmed up just nicely.  I had the most wonderful day in my backyard with my dogs and cat.  We were all soaking up the sun (with a few of my lizard friends sunning too.)   Was magical.   
ladyzetta
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 10:15 PM

Hi BlueSkies,

I am so glad you have a wonderful day with the sun and the Blue Skies.

I wish my one dog and 2 cats could have set out back with you and your 2 dogs and 1 cat, not too sure about them lizards.

Hugs and Stay Warm, Zetta 

chrisp1653
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 11:10 PM

Zetta, I imagine that those  'Bama lizards are different than our Oregon variety.
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 2:10 PM

Cold is a state of mind. Easily overcome. By warm thoughts. --Jim
jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 2:34 PM

Ha...that is a myth put forth by people in Minnesota in order to survive.
MPSunshine
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 8:14 AM

BlueSkies, Today we have snow. In spite of the warmth created by shoveling, I have on long undies, snow pants, silks, three shirts, a wool sweater, scarf, thick hat, down jacket. And I am still cold! But the snow sure is pretty!
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:43 AM

Your funny thoughts are helpful, too, jfkoc. Laughter brings on warmth. --Jim
BlueSkies
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 5:51 PM

Chris,

Yes, bama lizards are probably different.  Mine are pretty little green lizards, but turn brown in the winter.  They are very friendly with me as I am always around them and have built a nice little place for them to live and have fun.  When the sun comes out, so do they and so do me and the dogs and the cat. 

Also have a frog family that live at the foot of my back deck.  They are currently hibernating in a little frog house I made under a big planter.  In the summer they come out and hang out in a little pool I made them with an old shallow dish.  I put a solar lamp by it and they sit in the water in the evening and catch bugs that are drawn to the light.  My husband says he is sure it is a 4 star resort, lol.  Making the best of my smaller world. 

Jfkoc, 

I agree with Jim.  Not that it's a state of mind (sorry Jim, still cold), but that your humor brought laughter.  Thanks.  Always enjoy a good laugh. 

MP, 

I am still cold too.  It snowed last night.  Yes, here in south Alabama!  (It is supposed to be in teens tonight.  Brrrrr!)  Woke up to a beautiful sight this morning though.  We don't get to see snow very often here.  So yes, agree.  Pretty indeed!

jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 8:09 PM

I love cold weather. That does not mean I am going to spend hours out in it unless skating or skiing or sleding.  Those who know me know I am truly not able to do those things any more.

But look at the colors of winter. The subtle colors, the lifting fog, the crispness of the air and the unbelievable warmth of the sun on your face when the sky is bright blue.

The bark on trees have different colors and textures. One can see their architecture when they are naked. Berries appear for the birds. Birds? You can watch them migrate. 

It is a period of rest and rejuvenation. A   time of contemplation. AND...without it would we love spring?

BlueSkies
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 8:44 PM

Jfkoc, 

How beautiful your descriptions.  You have a wonderful way with words.   

You could make anyone fall in love with winter.

BlueSkies
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 10:29 AM

The sun just peeked out and the snow is still on the ground.  It looks just like a postcard outside.  It seems to be calling me...

Going to bundle up and walk out into my postcard. 

Hope others are able to enjoy this beauty.