RSS Feed Print
Of a blissful forever.
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 12:02 PM

One can choose. How to occupy one’s mind. But it takes practice. That’s how I stay reasonably happy. Even during difficult times. Such as care-giving. Or the loss of a loved one. I refuse to surrender. To sadness. Even when death do us part. I dwell. On fond memories. And I partake. In other stress-relieving activities. Walking long distances. And communing with nature. Reading a book. With an upbeat theme. Tuning in to a comedy show. Reminding myself. That I’m alive and conscious. Able to grasp the wonders of life. Better that. Than to be overwhelmed by grief. One must resolve. To get on. To find boundless ways. To savor it all. Dreaming. Dreaming. Of a blissful forever. --Jim
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 12:18 PM

I do not think grief is "chosen".

I do not think of it as surrendering to sadness. It has a life of its' own.  

It comes with loss which implies having something in the first place.

I also believe the grief is  relative to what is lost and dependent on ones capacity for emotion. 

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 12:27 PM

Grief is a mental sickness. That must be overcome. Not good. To grieve forever. Give me a blissful forever. --Jim
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 12:40 PM

Mourning is mental illness? Your opinion? If not please share some sources re that you have gotten the concept from.

I did some googling

She had the capacity to love and feel connected. Of course, it also meant she also had the capacity to be hurt 

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 12:52 PM

I don't need sources. It's the way I feel about grieving. In my gut. It's the way I cope. It's the way I personally grieve. It works for me. That's good enough. I don't need an 'expert' to tell me whether I'm right or wrong. Granted. My approach won't work for everyone. But I'll bet it works for some. My like-minded cohorts. --Jim
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 1:07 PM

One can choose.
Grief is a mental sickness.

Statements with  no preface as to their being your opinion. The are put forth as facts.

So they are merely your opinion? 

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 1:27 PM

So very many opinions are based largely on personal experience. Little wonder. That opinions range all over the board. An opinion is an opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less. Name any subject. I'll bet there are 1,000 opinions on the subject. Anyway, I love opinions. All kinds of opinions. I love musings, too. Because they are often a form of highly personal opinions. One can't escape opinions. Turn on the news. Read the message boards. Opinions. They are everywhere. I wonder. If somewhere in the cosmos there's an opinion-free society. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 1:32 PM

Yes, jfkoc, grieving isn't a chosen malady. Nor are cancer and Alzheimer's and other dreadful diseases. --Jim
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 1:45 PM

Just think it is helpful to know when someone is stating fact or sharing an opinion. 

I agree that our minds think one thing at a time. How useful is that?

I frequently view ecstacy and grief as being at the opposite ends of a swinging pendulum. The swing of the pendulum dictates the depth of the emotion felt. 

And now I am going to make Valentine's Day cookies to ship to expectant  grandchildren.

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 7:50 PM

I think of extended grieving as a form of depression. Treatable. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 2:31 PM

Our lives are never totally based on facts. More likely based largely on lies. And ignorant opinions. -Jim