RSS Feed Print
Things seemed to be going better and calming down in musings and people were actually musing
llee08032
Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2018 10:18 AM

I was liking the way things were ebbing and flowing here in musings. We were making progress. People were musing and sharing their thoughts. I'm saddened that it can't be this way all the time. I'm not here to choose sides and be divided. I make mistakes and say the wrong things and words all the time. We need a place where we don't have to be perfect and always say the right things. A place where what we say doesn't have to make sense all the time. Where we can be serious or playful and not have to justify every thought. A place to reflect. 

Andrew60
Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2018 10:31 AM

Good post LLee. It has been nice to see so many many different folks posting in musing. For the past year or so, it was mainly just Jim keeping the musing section busy.

Politcs has been removed, so most of that mess is history.

I dont post here often, but I do read and enjoy most of the posts.

I also would like to take back a few reckless posts I created, but I have went back and deleted them. But, its like making a statement in a courtroom, and the other side objects, the judge agrees, but the jury still heard the comments.

Im not perfect, not even close, but I still try and be the best me possible. Most of us have problems, but mine are mostly forgettable...........

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2018 10:32 AM

Right on llee! Awesome
llee08032
Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2018 10:43 AM

Many come here seeking solace. To make that happen we must come in peace. 
ThisLittlePiggie
Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2018 5:02 PM

Hi, Ilee, I thought so too, in fact, I never would have posted here if not for the nice people, but there seems to be a Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde mentality sometimes. I try to ignore it but I'm taking care of two people with dementia and so I think sometimes some things just need to be said when the comments get out of hand.
Andrew60
Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2018 7:21 PM

I think overall, this is a friendly website, and has a treasure trove of information.  I feel this forum is one big family thrust into a world we never signed up for. Like any big family, we occasionally squabble, but hopefully hurt feelings can be mended.

There is only ONE person who I have ever had any negative exchanges with, and yes, I know that can be a two way street, but we both have learned to tolerate each other.

Maybe after reading all  the poetry on this forum, I will have to someday give it a try.

Alexander_Green
Posted: Monday, April 9, 2018 11:29 PM

I liked all the variety and introspection as well.
TiggerPooh
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 5:47 AM

Ilee, this is a good observation. This is still only the beginning.
llee08032
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:28 AM

Alexander_Green wrote:
I liked all the variety and introspection as well.
Me too!

llee08032
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:33 AM

TiggerPooh wrote:
Ilee, this is a good observation. This is still only the beginning.
You're right Tigger "still only the beginning." Thank you for reminding me of that. 

LPG
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 9:36 PM

How does being a caregiver affect your understanding f the meaning of your life? I am new to it and I am 81 years old so I have pretty much lived out the various meanings I have given mine. I have no plans being cut short because I want to do this as long as I can, but others here are much younger and I kind of wondered about this asoect of being a caregiver of someone with dementia.

This is a philosophical musing, not a religious one, for me.

LPG
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 9:36 PM

How does being a caregiver affect your understanding f the meaning of your life? I am new to it and I am 81 years old so I have pretty much lived out the various meanings I have given mine. I have no plans being cut short because I want to do this as long as I can, but others here are much younger and I kind of wondered about this asoect of being a caregiver of someone with dementia.

ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 9:57 PM

I've been wondering about this myself for a while.  Sometimes I wonder if that's the reason why I exist....just to be a caregiver....helped my mom, now it's dad.  

But, I think after this...I might volunteer a bit...not sure.

TiggerPooh
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 11:28 AM

LPG wrote:

Hi, LPG, Being a caregiver has changed my life completely. I'm only slightly younger than you, and I also have no plans being cut short. The meaning of my life is still to keep on caring as long as possible and enjoying as much good as I can do in life with my beloved partner.