RSS Feed Print
Without wasting a minute.
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2018 3:08 AM

Much of the time, I think of life as wonderful. Rather be than not to be. But it’s also nice to shutdown. To go to sleep. To lapse into total unconsciousness  If for no other reason. Than to revitalize. The conscious mind. It’s a way of taking a break.  To quit thinking. For a while. It could be a curse. If one were  compelled to remain fully conscious. Around the clock. Without ever going to sleep. Yes, that could be a definition of Hell.  And why some people commit suicide. They prefer not being consciously alive. Perhaps the hell part comes. If the non-physical mind survives. And keeps thinking. Non-stop. Yes. Yes. That could be Hell. Non-stop thinking. Being conscious forever. Without escape. Not even a moment for sleep. I’m banking. On the assumption. That spirits have the ability to fall asleep. When they are tired. But then. Maybe spirits never become tired. They thrive. Without ever wasting a minute. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2018 9:43 AM

Is there a fully-conscious, a fully-aware creator?  Could the creator have gone to sleep? And never awakened. Would that be meaningful? Sounds a bit scary to me. I try to consider all possibilities. --Jim
BlossomsPack
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2018 5:38 PM

I feel like all this pondering is wasting time. Get your feet on the ground with real people, try to give them something and soon you will be engrossed in real problem solving.
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2018 11:53 PM

BlossomsPack wrote:
I feel like all this pondering is wasting time. Get your feet on the ground with real people, try to give them something and soon you will be engrossed in real problem solving.

I have some very real people in my life. Mostly, my private life. Including my second true love. Cristina, my Italian amore. I linked up with her. After wife Jeanne died of Alzheimer’s. In January 2008.  We were married for 38 years. Separated for only 10 days. In all that time. We were very much devoted to each other. I had a career as a journalist.  Writing stories about people. And often, their problems. As well as social, political and economic issues. I was very much involved in my community. Even served on the local school board. I retired early. At age 62. So that I could tend to Jeanne in her 13-year battle with Alzheimer’s. Of course, now that I’m retired, I’m more active than when I was employed. I do lots of volunteer work. Including unpaid care-giving for people with dementia. And as you know, I keep posting on the Alzheimer’s message board. I also have some very dear friends. Believe me. They qualify as real people. We interact with each other. In meaningful ways. I also take time to be introspective. I read a lot. And  write a blog. I write more now than did when I wrote for newspapers. I also walk 10 miles a day. And I’m 82. Trying to stay active. Mentally. Physically. I owe it to myself. I get the impression, Blossoms Pack, that you think I have too much idle and wasted time. And that I should put it to better use. Sorry about that.  But I choose to focus on Cristina and my dear friends.  While watching the rest of the world pretty much pass by. I’ve earned the right to focus mainly on my internal life. In my waning years. Better that. Than spreading myself thin. But I’m always willing to listen to advice. From sideline observers.  Keep it coming. --Jim

BlossomsPack
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 2:31 AM

Your topic was "without wasting a minute." That's why I made my suggestion to you to spend time meaningfully. I have never been known for batting around the bush. I usually get right to the point. You suggested that spirits may be awake all the time. I suggested that you were wasting your precious time on this earth pondering these matters. But go ahead. Ponder away. If I make it to my mom's age (90) or your age, heck, I'll be lucky to be typing let alone pondering. I'll probably be thinking but not be putting thoughts out there into the aether-sphere. So, go for it. Don't let me stop you. In fact, I woke up because a story lodged in my brain and it wants to be told. So I'm going to go and type that story out. But have a good day. Go ahead and spend your time as you wish. Ponder away. Go for it.
ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 2:55 AM

here's a freaky question right at the perfect timing...has anyone had an out of body experience?? Or thought you have?? Spooky question awaits spooky answers...good night
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:35 AM

BlossomsPack wrote:
Your topic was "without wasting a minute." That's why I made my suggestion to you to spend time meaningfully. I have never been known for batting around the bush. I usually get right to the point. You suggested that spirits may be awake all the time. I suggested that you were wasting your precious time on this earth pondering these matters. But go ahead. Ponder away. If I make it to my mom's age (90) or your age, heck, I'll be lucky to be typing let alone pondering. I'll probably be thinking but not be putting thoughts out there into the aether-sphere. So, go for it. Don't let me stop you. In fact, I woke up because a story lodged in my brain and it wants to be told. So I'm going to go and type that story out. But have a good day. Go ahead and spend your time as you wish. Ponder away. Go for it.

I do my share of pondering, BlossomsPack. But I’m also a man of action. I do all sorts of meaningful stuff. Meaningful for me.  And others, too, or so I suspect. My calling card. Which I often pass out to strangers.  Upon our first meeting. Identifies me as a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover, a dreamer. And I’m really more. Something new. Every day. If curiosity killed the cat. I’m dead. But I feel very much alive. I could settle. For living forever. Exactly what I need. To savor it all. Gradually. A little bit at a time. Can't do it all at once.  --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:51 AM

ruthmendez wrote:
here's a freaky question right at the perfect timing...has anyone had an out of body experience?? Or thought you have?? Spooky question awaits spooky answers...good night

I propel myself. Out of body. And visit other planets Other worlds. Other dimensions. With a big assist from my imagination. I even talk to the creator. That certainly feels like an out-of-body experience. And I write about it, too. --Jim

ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:55 AM

So, an out of body experience is sort of a loss of control, right? Isn't it a sort of scary feeling...no control?

I mean like....just floating around, or being in multiple places along the path at the same instant???  It's weird, isn't it?  Is it a rapid movement?  

ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:55 AM

A smooth movement?
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 11:02 AM

A delightful movement.  Hypnotic, too. That best describes it.-Jim
Sunrise-Addict
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 2:35 PM

Jim Broede wrote:

Much of the time, I think of life as wonderful. Rather be than not to be. But it’s also nice to shutdown. To go to sleep. To lapse into total unconsciousness  If for no other reason. Than to revitalize. The conscious mind. It’s a way of taking a break.  To quit thinking. For a while. It could be a curse. If one were  compelled to remain fully conscious. Around the clock. Without ever going to sleep. Yes, that could be a definition of Hell.  And why some people commit suicide. They prefer not being consciously alive. Perhaps the hell part comes. If the non-physical mind survives. And keeps thinking. Non-stop. Yes. Yes. That could be Hell. Non-stop thinking. Being conscious forever. Without escape. Not even a moment for sleep. I’m banking. On the assumption. That spirits have the ability to fall asleep. When they are tired. But then. Maybe spirits never become tired. They thrive. Without ever wasting a minute. --Jim

Sleep deprivation is a well-known method of torture.