RSS Feed Print
Hello llee
Jo C.
Posted: Friday, May 4, 2018 11:52 PM

Dear llee, you have been so much on my mind lately.   How awesome it is that your new grandbaby is doing well; she sounds absolutely adorable.  What did they name her?

Isn't it such an amazing feeling how calm and tranquil a newborn can make us feel?  I am crazy for babies and sure do miss having one to cuddle and hold.  Seems she already knows her Grandmother; what a blessing grandbabies are.

As said, you have been on my mind . . . . as to yourself and the diagnostics, etc.; how are things going for you?   Didn't know for sure what was on your plate.  If you do not feel like talking about it all, that is just fine, we all need our own space sometimes.

Of course I am sending this Post with warmest thoughts and another big hug to a very special new grandmother,

J.

alz+
Posted: Saturday, May 5, 2018 9:01 AM

new grand baby!

thinking of you and wondering what ever happened with your biopsy.

when you feel up to it.  love you

llee08032
Posted: Sunday, May 6, 2018 9:39 AM

(((((((((Jo C))))))) Thank you so much for keeping us in your thoughts. Baby may be coming home Monday or Tuesday!

Any thoughts Jo C about doing something special for the NICU nurses who took such tender care of her? 

The way those NICU nurses care, hold, coddle and talk to those little darlings touched and warmed my heart. I think I want to be a volunteer cuddler when I retire. Ahhh the smell of a baby and holding a little life in your arms! It's always amazed how a tiny little person can take over and control a whole household and have all the adults  tip-toeing around them.

So far I've the CT scan and the MRI with contrast. I see the surgeon this coming Friday and hopefully will get the biopsy over with. 

Being occupied with the baby has calmed me and helped with my fear.  

Iris L.
Posted: Sunday, May 6, 2018 2:12 PM

Babies are calming!  Even when so tiny, they can communicate and make their wishes known--what they like and what they don't like!  

I'll be praying for a good outcome for the biopsy, Ilee.

Iris L.

Lisita
Posted: Monday, May 7, 2018 10:28 PM

Oh babies are so wonderful. Got a new grandbaby AdaJane born 3-21-18 a healthy big baby. We are so lucky! 

Lisita

Jo C.
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 2:08 PM

So sorry llee, I got sidetracked.  Baby must be home now and available for more cuddles and the rocking chair.   Wonderful.

As far as gifts for nurses, I usually give a box of really good candy for each shift. Otherwise, by night shift, everyone has eaten most of the gift.  But what really is lovely, is to write a very sweet letter or card letting them know your appreciation and all they mean to you and your family; that always touches the nurses deeply.

If I had an RN who did extra special caring, I wrote her a special note and also sent a note to the DON and asked it be placed in the RNs file. 

Best of wishes and lovely times with the new grandbaby,

J.

llee08032
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:39 AM

Thank you, Jo. Great ideas. Knew I could count on you! Acknowledgement for hard work and dedication is meaningful and important. 
Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2018 12:37 PM

Good timing!  We are in National Nurses Week--May 6th through May 12th.

I hope baby granddaughter is doing well at home, Ilee!

Iris L.

llee08032
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2018 10:05 AM

Saw head and neck surgeon on Friday. MRI results not good. I have to be put to sleep for the biopsy and get endoscopy while I'm under. Now to get pre-operative testing done.

Baby is wonderful!

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2018 12:32 PM

Good for baby granddaughter!  She's getting stronger every day!

I'm still praying for a good outcome for the biopsy and endoscopy.

Iris L.

alz+
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2018 5:55 PM

L lee - thinking about you and sending courage. You have someone taking you for all this and maybe staying with you after anesthetic.

Plan some kind of reward, always helps to  have something to look forward to.

llee08032
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:19 AM

YES...please keep sending me courage. I just planted one of my rewards. I had a big ole ugly hedge taken out and planted a garden. Bought myself a colorful wind spinner, wreath for the door, birdbath, new solar lights and lots of flowers. 

Keeping my appts straight and which Dr and what test I've been getting has proven to be a chore. I have to get another MRI for excruciating back pain and some test on heart. I forget the Dr's names and locations of where I have to go and have to keep looking everything up again. I need to create a new system. It's different when things like this happen to us. My friend will take me for the procedure. 

All the prayers and thoughts mean so much to me!

Mimi S.
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:16 AM

I undersand.  My main joke for the past year and a half; my socialization is achieved at medical visits,

I have a calendar with large space by each day. All are written here. I keep it within reach of where I sit. I check it first thing in the morning and as needed.  Only one place to write down, otherwise an appointment is missed. When I make an appointment at a doctor's office, it's always with the caveat: I'll check my calendar when I get home.

Jo C.
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 5:05 PM

Hello sweet llee, your garden sounds wonderful and I'll bet you sure do enjoy it.  And with all the flowers, you added solar lights, a wreath and a spinner and oh boy; a spa for our little feathered friends.  Awesome!  Nothing like all that sprucing up when the sun begin shining, it makes a good feeling for that inner soul.  llee, it's like you were the springtime fairy flitting about touching the flower beds and lawn with your fairy wand.  Wouldn't that be fun? 

Well; dear friend, this medical thing is of course not exactly what anyone wants to find themselves doing, but do know that the day you go in for your procedure, if you let us know the date, we will all be putting ourselves mentally standing right by your shoulder in support for you.  We promise to be with you in spirit.

I so remember when I was going through something similar with one diagnostic leading to another to another until a major surgery was required; not optional.  Scary and lonely.   Do let us know what is happening; you know we care a whole lot about you and thensome.

In the meantime, say hello to the spa birds for me, I love to watch them flutter about in the water and sometimes looking like a bevy of old ladies chittering at one another while flapping water about.

Hugs and warmest thoughts and more hugs and best thoughts always coming your way, you are special.

J.

Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 6:24 PM

I have a lawn with a few flowers beneath my second story condo.  It gives me pleasure just to gaze at the flowers, the trees and the hedges.  

Like Mimi, I place all my appointments on my wall calendar, which I am supposed to check evening and morning.  I post my medical appts in green and all other appts are in blue.  I also outline the block for that date with an orange marker if I have an appt that requires me to leave my home; thus, I can tell from far away if I have to prepare myself to go out on any given week.  

Also, at the beginning of each week, I write a To Do This Week list, which includes appointments and other things that I have to do.  Every night, I write down what I have to do for the next day.  I'm not 100% on  following this system, but I'm way better than before I had this system in place.  If it's not on my list, it's almost a guarantee that it won't get done. 

I also had a notebook in which to write what happened and what was said at all my medical appointments.  That system worked fine, until I misplaced that notebook.  I could go back years and know exactly what was done on a given appointment.  I supposed I could go out and purchase a new notebook for my appointments.  (duh!)

Iris L.

llee08032
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 7:37 AM

During the appt she inserted a scope up through my nose and down to the back of my throat. It seemed to be after that when she decided to add the endoscopic procedure along with the biopsy. Now in addition to being concerned about the mass I'm concerned that I may have esophageal cancer for which the prognosis is poor. Trying hard not to spin out of control, keep my feet on the ground and not look up any more information(except for stores of hope).

You've all taught me so well how to have hope, courage and stay positive.  Built me up and held me up when I was breaking down. You've all got me through some difficult times and here you are again! I love each and everyone of you and your support means the world to me. 

Great big, huge bear hugs to all!

ladyzetta
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 9:17 AM

Dear ((((((llee))))))

You are in my thoughts and prayers, you and others have been there since I started this journey with my DH who passed away 2 weeks ago. He is now in Gods hands and is at peace and I feel that peace as well.

God is with you as well as all your friends on these boards. Hugs Zetta 

jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 9:59 AM

Hugs from me too...
Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 12:41 PM

Ilee, you are surrounded by a ring of hugs and prayers!

{{{{{{{{ Ilee }}}}}}}}

Iris L.

llee08032
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:47 AM

((((((((((Zetta))))))))),

You have been in my thoughts. I am so, so sorry to hear about you're dear beloved husband! May God's grace keep bringing you peace and comfort you in your hours of mourning, dear sweet Zetta. 

llee08032
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:54 AM

The biopsy and endoscope is scheduled for 5/23. I won't know what time until the day before but I will let you know because I will need you all there. There surely are living angels here on earth. None of us need not wait until we are dead to be an angel to someone. Thank you for those hugs! -Love
Jo C.
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:10 AM

May 23rd; I will not forget because that is my birthday . . . . so, all we need is the time, and we will all be there.

My birthday gift request this year is only one . . . . that you will have a much better outcome from this than what you expect.

Love is being sent from all your friends,

J.

llee08032
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2018 10:06 AM

Jo, I hope you have a great birthday and some nice surprises! My granddaughter is the 22nd. 
Jo C.
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 7:00 AM

Hello llee, just want you to know I have not forgotten about you and that today is the day you get your scheduling time for your procedure tomorrow.

We are all going to set our clocks to be with you on the 23rd. 

J.

llee08032
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 7:22 AM

Thank you for thinking of me again JoC. I will check in and provide the time of the procedure. I had to get labs drawn again yesterday because blood clotted by the time it got to the lab. Is that not a good sign?
Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 11:53 AM

Ilee, did you say your friend will be accompanying you for the procedure?  I hope you have a nice meal planned for afterwards.  We'll be with you in spirit!

Iris L.