RSS Feed Print
A fantastic life.(1)
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, May 4, 2018 11:56 PM

Fantasizing. That’s one of my strong suits. The pursuit of dreams.  I like to pretend. That my fantasies are real. Like traveling to another planet. Imagining how I’d get there. Probably as a spirit. By the sheer power of will. I fantasize about talking to the creator. And about having an out-of-body experience. One nice thing about my fantasies. They are never boring. They stimulate my very being. Making me feel more alive. Sometimes. I wonder if my life. Is one big fantasy.  If that’s what it turns out to be. It will have been a fantastic life. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, May 5, 2018 10:14 AM

If anyone has a right to fantasize. It’s a child. And a writer. I qualify on both scores.  I’m still a child. In so many, many ways. Despite being an octogenarian.  And I’m a natural born scribbler. A creator of fantasy domains. In my own meaningful words. I could write children’s books. But better yet. Simple and intriguing stories. Designed for the dementia-afflicted. I tell them. That it’s all right. To live in fantasyland. With whatever puts them at ease. Children tend to do it naturally. Adults often lose the gift of awesome and thrilling imagination.  Because they think it’s a sin. To fantasize.  How very, very sad.  --Jim