RSS Feed Print
What They Had- Movie??
ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 9:42 PM

Anyone seen this movie yet?? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kBGxsyp__o

I am making plans for my grand escape on Tuesday.  I have a day off, and the caregiver will be here, so I'm gonna go out.  But I'm not sure if I should include this movie as part of my wild outdoor adventure.

I also want to see Bohemian Rhapsody, but I don't think it's out yet over here!  Darn!  If I could choose between the two....it definitely would be Bohemian Rhapsody, but I guess that one will end up being a rent night movie some months from now.

His Daughter
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 10:30 PM

Haven't seen it Ruth.  But it looks like a good one.  The only problem is, will it give you mental relief?   Or will it just highlight things?
ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 10:38 PM

Hahah! I know huh?  I was wondering if it would just make me annoyed because, even though the movie looks good, it's still just a short movie possibly missing the reality. 

I gotta think about this...

NC caregiver
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2018 6:20 AM

I haven't found a showing in my area but I want to see it.  Was thinking I would need to go by myself because I'll probably bawl like a baby.    I've been watching A Million Little Things on the ABC app on Roku & one characters father has dementia of some kind.  It's not a main part of the story line but still tugs your heart strings.
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2018 6:44 PM

I would head for Nothing Like a Dame with Judi Dench.
chrisp1653
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2018 10:39 PM

I have no idea what's currently showing, what was showing, or what's coming in the near future. Even if I did, I don't get a day off. Whatever it is, I'll have to wait until it streams on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Sigh. Thank God for reruns - maybe I can catch an episode of Babylon 5.
jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2018 8:02 AM

I rarely go to a movie. Parking, Hearing and $$$$.
just exhibit Love
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2018 8:38 AM

Ruth

did you say Tuesday? you may be in line all day waiting to vote..unless your state has early voting which mine does not..Missouri..

I want 2 things on the ballot that will not be there..early voting like other states have so I do not have to be in a long line for hours..and get rid of daylight savings time in Missouri..who needs it..all it does is disrupt sleep patterns and many other issues of health for people I feel.

Have a great Sunday Ruth..off to watch the chiefs football game in a few hours on tv...and eat while we watch it.Good BBQ..it does not take much to make me happy..food shelter and stay warm..and my husbands good sense of humor helps too.

Namaste

Love Rosie

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2018 10:43 AM

jfkoc wrote:
I rarely go to a movie. Parking, Hearing and $$$$.

When I used to go to the movies (very sad confession) I would go early matinee and it is cheaper.  There is one down here that charges $4.50 for matinee.  I'm not sure if it's gone up....but it is much cheaper than the other matinees that usually charge $6.

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2018 10:52 AM

just exhibit Love wrote:

Ruth

did you say Tuesday? you may be in line all day waiting to vote..unless your state has early voting which mine does not..Missouri..

I want 2 things on the ballot that will not be there..early voting like other states have so I do not have to be in a long line for hours..and get rid of daylight savings time in Missouri..who needs it..all it does is disrupt sleep patterns and many other issues of health for people I feel.

Have a great Sunday Ruth..off to watch the chiefs football game in a few hours on tv...and eat while we watch it.Good BBQ..it does not take much to make me happy..food shelter and stay warm..and my husbands good sense of humor helps too.

Namaste

Love Rosie

We have early voting, I always do mail (I really don't like lines- I hope that changes in your state).  But my day off was last Tuesday.  I ended up not going to the movies.  I figured that less activity is better.  So I got up early as usual, changed dad's diaper, got ready, went to IHOP and had a nice big breakfast, omelette with 3 pancakes (surprised I managed to eat it all), went to Home Depot for a small quick purchase, then drove to the beach.  It was cloudy up until 12 pm, but it was still warm.  Then the sun came out nice and warm/cozy.  

I slept on the sand like a beach bum and read when I was awake, for a few woken moments here and there.  It was so nice.  Miss that.

Enjoy your Sunday too Rosie!  Thx.

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:18 AM

Believe it or not. I still enjoy some soulful Bergman films. They give me something to think about. I can take a Michael Moore documentary, too. --Jim