RSS Feed Print
Filmmaking Caregiver Going to Tell My Story
Prlingas
Posted: Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:14 PM

Hello everyone,

I spent four years living at home with my mother, who has Alzheimer's, and my father, who has always been the "man of the house" and struggled mightily with my mother's condition. As I'm sure most of you know, it was a very difficult time and trying in more ways than one. I kept a journal of sorts during those four years, keeping track of the highs and lows, the funny bits, the sad parts, the times of rage, anger, despair and seeming hopelessness, all of which I turned into a manuscript that I have now adapted into a screenplay.

While there are an increasing number of films that deal with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia, I feel as though the caregiver experience is focused on less and I want to tell the story of my experience with my family. I think it's important that more of these stories are told so that more of us feel less alone. All of our stories are similar and yet unique, because every person and every family is different. I look forward to completing the film and letting you all know more about it.

Cheers,

Paul

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:33 PM

This is what we need. The nitty gritty of how hard this is for the caregiver. Please let us know when you have your films ready.
Prlingas
Posted: Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:57 PM

I agree! I will let you know when things get closer and how everyone can join in!

Thank you!

Jo C.
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:24 PM

You will have to keep us posted and also let us know how you plan to structure your film.

J.