RSS Feed Print
Montelukast (Singulair) trial report in October
Larrytherunner
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:17 AM

According to a blog focused on Intelgenx Technologies, which is the sponsor of the Montelukast clinical trial for Alzheimer's, the CEO informed major investors in a conference call that they plan a patients evaluation report in October for those patients that have completed 26 weeks, which is the half way point.

I expect they will get positive results for the 10mg per day dosage, which is the FDA approved dosage for asthma. However based on my experience of taking montelukast for over three years, it works much better at 10mg twice a day. In fact I have been taking 10mg three times a day with no bad side effects for over a year, and I am feeling great.

I am hoping that when positive results show up at 10mg a day, the FDA will allow them to increase the dosage without having to go through expensive and time consuming additional safety trials for a drug that has proved very safe for adults for over 20 years. For the big pharma companies, money is no problem, but for a small company like Intelgenx, it is a major obstacle.

So we will learn more in October.

Donr
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 4:49 AM

Hope the 26 weeks test shows positive results.