RSS Feed Print
One of the reasons I love this site
lizziepooh
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 10:30 PM
Joined: 5/2/2019
Posts: 326


There are many reasons I love this site but one of the reasons is it will not let me post the word darn*.  It replaces the word with darn. Lol!

Love that. I was not allowed to say darn* growing up, only darn. Lol!

Love this site!!!


ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 10:45 PM
Joined: 9/8/2017
Posts: 2329


That happened to me once and since then I type "d@mn".

Another time I even altered my own expletive with symbols, but a moderator stopped by and completely removed the altered expletive because the context was clear...The final statement made me sound like lady.

I wasn't happy with that....that's just not how I normally talk. HA!

 


lizziepooh
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 11:09 PM
Joined: 5/2/2019
Posts: 326


ruthmendez wrote:

That happened to me once and since then I type "d@mn".

Another time I even altered my own expletive with symbols, but a moderator stopped by and completely removed the altered expletive because the context was clear...The final statement made me sound like lady.

I wasn't happy with that....that's just not how I normally talk. HA!

 

*snort...I am no lady either...I laughed and snorted my way through your post. The snort means I found you especially funny...the snort is a good thing and should be considered good and ladylike. 

Especially funny because true...that is when snorts are best and appropriate.


GothicGremlin
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 3:36 AM
Joined: 4/7/2019
Posts: 203


Wow, we can't use such terrible language as the word "darn"?  Or is it that we can't use the word "darn" with a "*" after it?  I confess, I don't know what those two things together mean that they should be so horrible to read. 

 We'll see if my post gets through. 


Jo C.
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 12:19 PM
Joined: 12/9/2011
Posts: 11595


darn* =  darn =  neither one gets asterisks - wonder if it is someething to do with your own computer?
lizziepooh
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 11:25 PM
Joined: 5/2/2019
Posts: 326


Jo C. wrote:
darn* =  darn =  neither one gets asterisks - wonder if it is someething to do with your own computer?

If I type dam n, the system replaces the word with darn*. Are you saying you could type dam n without an issue and it is only my interface? That is interesting and somewhat depressing. I kind of liked thinking this site was as opposed to bad words as my parents, even though I have a trucker’s mouth.

 


ruthmendez
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:30 AM
Joined: 9/8/2017
Posts: 2329


Let me try...

-darn*

-dam

-d@mn

(the first one is the naughty word....let's see how it gets converted...)


ruthmendez
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:31 AM
Joined: 9/8/2017
Posts: 2329


bwahhahaha!  Yep, it got converted to the nicer version.  Darn.
lizziepooh
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 1:00 AM
Joined: 5/2/2019
Posts: 326


ruthmendez wrote:
bwahhahaha!  Yep, it got converted to the nicer version.  Darn.

Nope. Dam n or dam@n. Just one extra character...lol! Freakin love it.

 
My dad always hated getting cable because it was “bad” but it was not until my little five year old brother was messing with the remote trying to find the Disney channel and my 5 yr old brother said, “Dam n! Where is the Disney channel?” and that was it for my dad. Cable came out the next day. Lol!

 

*edited to add...this was mid to late eighties. Shows how old I am
Jo C.
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:00 AM
Joined: 12/9/2011
Posts: 11595


That was just a droll bit of humor, as you can see that I too had the same experience when I rried it for the first time so I could see what would happen. 

I just love this Message Board for all the wonderful support and the caring folks who reach out to one another.  What a blessing!  Not only do Members benefit, but there are many, many who do not join, but "lurk" and read.  So; everything we write is being seen by many scores of people we do not even sense are there.

Thank you Alz's Assn. for continuing to make it a priority to support this Board; it is expensive to do so, but they have been dedicated to this outreach for those living with the various dementias.  That and the wonderful Helpline and the Care Consultants; really a gift for all of us.

J.

 


chrisp1653
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 5:33 PM
Joined: 1/23/2017
Posts: 1281


I want to visit the Columbia River Dam n some other things.
Agent 99
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:48 PM
Joined: 6/7/2013
Posts: 2166


First post disappeared, trying again without graphics

Follow the bouncing ball

darn* darn* da darn* darn*

Da darn* Da darn* 

Do do da darn* darn*

darn* darn* da do do

Do da darn* darn*

A-woman!


Agent 99
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:55 PM
Joined: 6/7/2013
Posts: 2166


Never say never.  One thing about damnentia is finding new ways to communicate!


File Attachment(s):
CCF13F6E-1C8A-48F9-AA9E-E68D86CB1B16.jpeg (141690 bytes)

ruthmendez
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 10:54 PM
Joined: 9/8/2017
Posts: 2329


AHAHHAH oh Agent!  That was funny. 

This is a fun,,,funnity fun fun thread!

I remember one time one of my co-workers was so annoyed during a time I was off and he sent me an email me about the pressures he was going through....See the "funnity fun fun" phrase above??  

Well...

his final words in his email were bold and ended with something similar to the above, but with the F-word.

"F**K  F**K, F**KITY F**K!!"  with an unhappy face.

 


gubblebumm
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 1:14 PM
Joined: 7/12/2017
Posts: 1774


Darned if you do, darned if you don't?

Fer feck sake


lizziepooh
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 4:06 PM
Joined: 5/2/2019
Posts: 326


gubblebumm wrote:

Darned if you do, darned if you don't?

Fer feck sake

*snort Too funny!

lizziepooh
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 4:17 PM
Joined: 5/2/2019
Posts: 326


Jo C. wrote:

That was just a droll bit of humor, as you can see that I too had the same experience when I rried it for the first time so I could see what would happen. 

I just love this Message Board for all the wonderful support and the caring folks who reach out to one another.  What a blessing!  Not only do Members benefit, but there are many, many who do not join, but "lurk" and read.  So; everything we write is being seen by many scores of people we do not even sense are there.

Thank you Alz's Assn. for continuing to make it a priority to support this Board; it is expensive to do so, but they have been dedicated to this outreach for those living with the various dementias.  That and the wonderful Helpline and the Care Consultants; really a gift for all of us.

J.

 

Too true. 
I do, however, think this site could be thought of as an extension of their in-person monthly support groups and in that light, I think this site is more effective (more people share and more people view on this site than any meeting) and a lot less costly than sending someone out to each city senior center once a month.
I do not think they should stop the in-person meetings, I think they are helpful. But I think it might benefit the people attending if they promote this website more. I do think people get more out of this site than the meetings. Just my thought...