RSS Feed Print
Saw a flower, thought of my mother
KawKaw
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 6:53 PM

For quite a few years, it was my habit to take photos of interesting views of the ocean or lovely flowers on my morning run and send them to my mother.

She was a dedicated runner for many years until multiple sclerosis stopped her.

Taking photos of flowers was my way to open up her day and share something we both loved--running.

I was on a run with one of my dogs this morning, and saw a lovely flower she would have enjoyed.

I stopped to take a photo.  For a moment, I forgot she was dead.

It was a small blow when I remembered and I chose not to take the photo.  It wasn't something I wanted for myself.  I ran on.

I suppose give more time, I will forget less often.

Unless my MCI progresses into dementia, I suppose.

I miss her. 

ladyzetta
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 8:05 PM

((((KawKaw)))))

That was sweet, Thank You for Sharing.

My DH passed away 2 years ago and at times I feel him in the car with me, being a back seat driver. Not as much now as it used to be.  Hugs Zetta 

TessC
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 10:51 PM

Your mother sounds lovely. Forgetting about such a sad loss may not be uncommon, especially for those of us who took care of our LOs for a long time. I dream of my mom often. I think of her daily because so many things remind me of her. Thankfully the good memories are coming forth more often now. Take care, KawKaw and ladyzetta!

KawKaw
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2020 6:57 PM

LadyZetta,

Laughed at "back seat driver."  It is interesting how characteristics or behaviors that might have been less than welcome? to us can take on a bit of nostalgia.

My mother was a front passenger seat driver.  It was annoying especially when I was younger.

After living through dementia with her, her front seat driving would not be a blip on my list of annoyances.