RSS Feed Print
need to downgrade mom’s phone
nicopicante
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 7:15 AM

just a quick question! wondering if anyone here has a good verizon phone they could recommend for my mom with AD. she has an iphone now but it is too hard for her to figure out. I really like the format on the Lively from Jitterbug bc of the big fonts and easy to read menu, but she would have to switch networks.
macamaw61
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 8:03 PM

Nicopicante

I got a jitterbug for my DH and it to was to hard for him to use

As well.

It depends on how advanced the disease is. 

Blessings

Miss Jo
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2022 11:43 AM

I’m looking for a simple, simple phone, too. I’ve seen that the ‘simple’ phones “for seniors” become too complicated for the patient.

I saw where a dementia patient’s granddaughter taped paper around their TV remote that covered all but Volume <> and Channel <>., and On/Off. Wrote on the cover just those buttons and cut out holes to access. Wrote the user’s 3 favorite channels at bottom, such as:

PBS 21
Lifetime 55
News 13

Maybe this is a way to go on a phone: wrap it and only mark-reveal speed dial relatives, answer, hang up, On/Off.

Of course these devices need to hold a charge a long time, if possible.

Hope this helps!

MaryG123
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2022 12:58 PM

How about giving up the cell phone and have her use a home/house phone instead?  She might remember how to use one, for a while anyway.  They are certainly simpler.  I’m considering doing this for my husband who is starting to have trouble using his cell phone.