RSS Feed Print
really sad
trouble77
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 2:23 PM

it's almost been a month since i lost my grandmother and it still seems so surreal my heart is broken things have been hard on me trying to figure out how i truly feel....another part of my little world is missing another piece of my little world...dealing with bipolar as well as the loss is very hard
KawKaw
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 7:05 PM

It is difficult to experience a terrible loss while living with bipolar disorder.

I want to encourage you to be sure to care for yourself.  Good self care.  You matter.

Continue treatment.  

If you are not already doing so, I encourage you to find a good therapist to help you through this very difficult time.

If possible, consider finding a therapist experienced in helping people with bipolar disorder.

Some therapists lack understanding about the long term effects of the disorder on cognition and emotional stability.

Your local NAMI or DBSA might have online resources for peer support groups as well.  Many local NAMIs will have a warm line and DBSA also has online support groups, though they tend to be filled up fast.

With so much stigma around mental illness, true supporters are to be cherished.

I am deeply grieved that you lost one of yours.

TessC
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 12:38 PM

How are you doing today? I hope a bit of sunshine has come into your life today. I love the fall colors and we are seeing a little of it here already in the Midwest.

After my mom died, I had to find joy in the little things as I didn't really want to enjoy myself with the big things-you know- like parties, gatherings-I thought how could I be happy when I just lost my mom? But I did allow myself to find joy in the birds, the flowers, the sunsets. I look back now and see I wanted to mourn my loss. It's OK to be sad, but if you are feeling depressed, please come to us and let us listen and share your pain. We who have lost someone, truly understand and want to support you. Take good care of yourself. Hugs!