RSS Feed Print
PRAYER REQUEST for Mom
glass half full...usually
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:05 AM

I would like to make a special request that some may consider a bit outrageous (for lack of a better word).  Please pray that God grant my Mom's final wish that she not live and suffer without any reasonable quality of life.

My Mom is 73 years old and suffering from late-onset AD.  She had five siblings, all of which had AD prior to their death (ya think there might be a genetic component here?).  As a result, my Mom and our family understand the disease and its impact on the patient's quality of life. 

Mom exhibited signs of AD for several years before finally being diagnosed.  For the past two years, Mom has lived in an assisted living facility and is now in the Alz unit.  Her condition has deteriorated very quickly over the past six to eight months.  She can no longer hold her head up, has difficulty feeding herself, does not have much interest in food, and is now being treated by Hospice.  

Mom was an educated business executive; a loving, accepting, strong woman; and had a close personal relationship with God.  Thru out my Mom's life, she made it perfectly clear to everyone that she did not want to live without a reasonably "normal" quality of life.  She also trusted in God's master plan and believed that everything had a reason.

So, for my request - - Please pray for God's will to be done in my Mom, G.G.’s life and that He honor my Mom by releasing her from her humanly body so she can be at peace in heaven.       

Thank you very much for your consideration of this request. 

PatF
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:19 AM

That is a wonderful request, please know that our prayers are with you!
Cheryle Gardiner
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:37 AM

It is never outrageous to pray for God's will to be done.

Peace and blessings for you and your dear mom.
Sheryl726
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:30 PM

God Bless G.G. and the life she has had. Thy will be done.
Lisa428
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:45 PM

Glass half full,

I am sending my prayers to God now.

I prayed the same thing for my Mom.   She died In November of last year.

I do hope and pray our requests will be granted and that your Mom will go in God's grace and peace.

Thinking of both of you during this difficult time.

please, keep is posted.  

take care of yourself!!!

lisa

Mimi S.
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:52 PM

There are many on these boards who will be doing as you wish, even if they don't tell you so. May your mom soon have the peace she desires.
Wags4
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:56 PM

I know exactly what you mean.  Wishing peace to you and your mother.
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:33 PM

Thanks to everyone for your support and prayers. 

Please feel free to share this information and/or cross post to other sites. God does answer prayers and so I'm reaching out to all.

bela
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 2:43 AM

I will say a prayer after posting this reply.
Dot
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 7:27 AM

Adding my prayer to the rest. 

Blessings,

Dot

MLB61
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 7:29 AM

Wishing you and your mom peace.
DebR
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 8:22 AM

My prayer for your mom has been sent and I hope she finds peace. Please remember to also take care of yourself during this very difficult time.

momof4girls1
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2012 2:47 PM

Your Mom's story sounds so much like my mom's. My Mom is also 73, had other siblings and her Mom, my grandma, show signs of AD before their death (though they weren't diagnosed.) She was a business women and spoke often at Business and Professional Women's, Luncheons and Dinners.  She has a personal relationship with Christ. And to top it off my grandchildren call her G.G.

She is not progressed as far as yours at this time but it has finally gotten to the stage that I can't pretend that it's not happening any longer.

I want you to know that I will be praying for you as soon as I finish this note back to you. I think that you have made a very unselfish request. You shouldn't feel that your request is unusual, I think we all want our parents to be at peace. Whether we feel free to say it out loud or not.

It helps me to remember that when they get to heaven not only will their bodies be healed but also their minds and that is the only thing that I gets me through the day.

Beth in Indiana
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:53 AM

I've had this same prayer every night/day for 4 1/2 years.  My Mom is 89, almost 90 in february, stage 7, in pain or in fear or sleeping all the time.  All of her siblings as well have dementia in some form.  They range in age from early 70's to late 80's. 

I pray for your Mother along with mine to be released from this hell and know peace.

KML
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:09 AM

I understand what you are asking and I've asked this, too, silently in my head for my father.  May he be released from this prison, may he be set free and soar to higher level where he can be healthy, happy and free.  May he be released so that he can be with all those he loved that have passed before him.

I pray for your mother that she can also be set free and soar with the angels.

Posted: Sunday, January 8, 2012 6:04 AM

Thank you everyone for your support, for sharing your stories, and most of all for your prayers.

My Mom continues to decline, although slowly.  We now have a wheelchair for her to use as she's not strong enough to get around with the walker.  She continues to loose weight due to her sporadic eating and looks so frail.  Her head is permanently down now and her neck causes it to be frozen in place off to the side.

As we go through this stage and the deterioration, I have to keep reminding myself that this is what we want and what Mom wants, and is an answer to our prayers.  I'm grateful to God for honoring my Mom's desires and hope she does not have to exist in this final stage of the disease for an extended period of time. As we all know, the disease is unpredictable and the final stage can last for years.  God willing, that won't be the case.

Thank you again and may God bless you and your families abundantly.

hercules
Posted: Sunday, January 8, 2012 8:27 AM

My heart,  my understanding and my prayers go with you.  May you mom be bless with her desire sooner rather than later.