RSS Feed Print
rough day--just need a good cry
DWilli
Posted: Friday, January 6, 2012 8:05 PM

Thought I would have tomorrow free to spend with dh. I was informed yesterday that day time weekend caregiver was giving 2 week notice. Ok  I can handle that, then this evening she calls calls off for the whole weekend. So their goes my free time with dear hubbytomorrow. I really needed time with him. Now  beside i will stay with mom (alz. stage 5/6 and vascular dementa have 24/7 care in her home) I have to work on Sunday and have to have hubby or one of my adult kids  stay on Sunday.  Guess I am glad that caregiver is going( thought about getting rid of her anyway) She calls off way to often. Sorry I am just rambling  been long day , just needed to vent then a good cry and later a pepsi and reese cup. That will make it better.  Thanks everyone tomorrow is another day.
dj okay
Posted: Friday, January 6, 2012 8:23 PM

I'm so sorry about your rough day.  But I do like your attitude and plan for making it better.  Hopefully, you'll get a better, more reliable aide and you can have that precious time with hubby.
rose_ro
Posted: Friday, January 6, 2012 11:08 PM

do the best you can!  This is why I thought doing things that way would be hard...I'm glad you're there and hang in there!
lesleeb
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 7:04 AM

Aww, sorry your plans have been turned upside down. I can relate so well... I haven't been out with my husband(alone) in over 2 years. I've tried a few times to go out but each time something has come up with mom... This is the hardest part for me. I am working on changing this though.
eloquentsolution1
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 3:39 PM

so sorry you are missing your husband.

makes me thankful that i am single doing this.  no pressure from others.

VKB
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 3:50 PM

DWilli

I so understand.  When our caregiver couldn't be here as scheduled, it always put me into a sad, slump. 

Hopefully you can find someone better to help out soon.

God's Peace, Veronica