RSS Feed Print
"I'm Hungry'' - Best birthday present!
rose_ro
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 12:48 AM

Mom's eating has been much much better.  It's hard to believe only a week ago I was giving her cake soaked in cream to have something to eat.

She's also been taking phosphatidyl serine, which I do believe helps her cognition.

Yesterday, she ate well.  But today - well, she said "I'm hungry!'' I don't think I've heard those words in 5 weeks, in fact I have heard the opposite.  "I'm not hungry.''

I got there at lunch, and she was eating. I talked to her some, and then she said, "Love to talk, but I'm hungry"

Music to my hears.  She also had a good amount of food.

My father said she also had a great breakfast, and a jello snack mid-morning (with fruit in it).

Dinner was great also.  I did take some food off her plate, but she had a great amount, and ice cream!  and some rhubarb pie...

This IS my Mom...thanks heavens...thanks also for the help! 

Fluffy
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 1:32 AM

Hi Rose - Happy Birthday! I can just imagine how happy you are. Glad to hear your Mother is eating better and hope it continues. I'm happy that your happy.

I never know about my hubby. Sonmetimes always asking for sonething to eat other days no. His favorite is hambrugers but can't have them all the time. Hesurprised me at Christmas. Had Cornish hens, baked yams, creamed onions and he ate evertyhing up. Thought maybe I'd have a little left for next day. Something new I guess.

I made a meal for the cat out of what was left of mine. She loves chicken.

So happy you you got a nice present for your,birthday. I know you were so worried.

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 2:03 AM

Savor the good times. If you keep looking, you'll find something good to savor almost every day. Look. Look. Look. It's there. --Jim
Angela65
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 6:54 AM

Hi Rose ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! glad to hear your moms eating good. I think that our LO go thru phases i know there are times my mom hardly eats, i can always get her to eat sweets and sometimes she eats good at her meals then she goes several days where she wont eat.good luck to you and your parents.