RSS Feed Print
If you're going to leave,
rose_ro
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 2:16 PM

can't you just say briefly why you won't be here, instead of ranting?

I know it's hard, but for heaven's sake, all this drama is enough to make everyone feel even worse.

Do your best, and if your best is leaving, then can't it be less drama-ridden?

I am serious, with all this time of reading posts here, I'm at a low level and reading all the drama makes me feel even worse.

I thought people were here to help each other?  Sure, the board is not perfect, but isn't this better than nothing?

Or am I missing something?

MacyRose
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 2:26 PM

Just wanted to say hi Rose!
cowboys
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 2:36 PM

Rose ro, just who exactly is ranting about leaving??? I didn't see a rant. I saw a post informing us that JAB might be excusing herself and Cheryl left a very articulate post that she was taking a break so why is that considered "drama and ranting"???

Alpha is exactly right, many have felt frustrated by this new site and they have a right to express it. I posted a while back that I didn't like it and I missed so many members from the old board and these new facebook features were so useless IMO. Then I added that I would just use this message board like I always have because I need the help.

MacyRose
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 3:06 PM

I just want to say, that with message boards, as we all know,  it is sometimes difficult to interpret the emotion behind the post.  I am sure that all of us have interpreted things differently at different times and had different emotional reactions to it.  Sometimes our reactions to a post can be affected by how we are feeling at a specific time. What a boring world this would be if we all reacted the same to everything.   

AlphaLeah: What is this about certain posters being treated punitively by the Admins?  Are they giving timeouts or something?

younghope1
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:53 AM

There is no ranting as you put it. I may be a person with dementia, but I can still read and understand most things and what JAB has done, I think is explain how she is wrongly being treated by administration and nothing more. She is a very valuable asset to this site as are others and losing her is a horrible shame.

Tracy

Camp Building Bridges

AlphaLeah
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:32 AM

I just wanted to say that it appears my earlier response to this post was deleted.

Lovely.

This is THE PLACE TO RANT and deriding others for so-called ranting is not helpful.

What I said in my earlier post was that the fact is that some people are more helpful than others - not that we all aren't helpful - but some people are born "helpers" and go out of their way to find information and solve problems on behalf of others.

When one or two of those people on this board are planning to leave because of treatment by the Administrators of this board, that's important information for all.

MLB61
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:33 PM

Rose -- If you're not interested in people's reasons for leaving, then simply don't read the posts.  There are plenty of other interesting topics being discussed on the message board.  This is a board that can and should address many different issues at one time. I also don't think that brevity should be a requirement for posting.
Daughterinlawhurting
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:55 PM

All I can say is Thank you Thank you! JAB and Others who have helped me. I so value their know how.

I don't have the patience to find out information. And for other's that do and post and share with all of us. Are godsends to me. I am so sorry to see JAB leave. I will for sure (now that know) of her blog.

God Bless JAB and hope to keep hearing about her. I now will say I thought this forum was all about our LO"S and their fight and our fight with them. If, I didn't have this forum I truely believe I would so be a basketcase.

JMO. I quess the saying is rite. We all have one. LOL

Iris L.
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:13 PM

AlphaLeah wrote:

- but some people are born "helpers" and go out of their way to find information and solve problems on behalf of others.

JAB's example in searching for links has inspired me and possibly others to also post links to back up our own advice or suggestions.  I think that makes these boards more beneficial.

Iris L.

Zolly
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 4:37 PM

rose_ro wrote:

can't you just say briefly why you won't be here, instead of ranting?

au revoir!, adieu!

Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 5:24 PM

Dear ALZConnected Community Members,

We understand the concerns many members have shared in this and other threads regarding the community guideline that does not allow including links to pay for click sites within messages posted in the forum. The reason for this guideline is to protect community members from commercial interests and to ensure that the users of this community are people impacted by Alzheimer's disease rather than those who may come to the site with the goal of profiting from the community. There are situations, perhaps like this one, where applying the guidelines may seem to be an over-reaction. However, our past experience has shown us that if we were to change the guideline and allow links to pay for click sites, there are other entities who would seize upon the opportunity to use the community to promote their commercial purposes. It is for this reason that we have made the decision to maintain our current guidelines.  

We also know that some of you may disagree with this guideline and we respect your right to disagree.   We are sincerely sorry if disagreement with the guideline causes concern or even leads to personal decisions to leave the community as that is certainly not our intent.   It is our hope that we could find a way to agree to disagree about the guideline, in this case, not including links to pay for click sites, and instead focus on the main intent of this community.   

Sincerely,

ALZConnected Admin Team

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 8:58 AM

My post was deleated also.
baydey
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 9:25 AM

I am fairly new here. I don't even understand much about what this is all about. I will say that the reason I joined is to find information and advice on how to handle the overwhelming daily struggle of caring for a LO who suffers from AD. For the most part, I have found that here. One thing that I do understand is that there is apparently some censoring taking place and that makes me uncomfortable.

I once wrote a slightly negative comment about a product I purchased and I was shocked to see when it was published, that it had been "edited" to convey the complete opposite of what I wanted to say. I was very dismayed and vowed never to spend my money there again.

Could this happen here? How would the vast majority of us even know if the posts we read have been censored or edited? What if a deleted post contained the exact information (or comforting words) I was looking for?

I know that censor is a part of our lives. Let's face it, most of what we know as reality is filtered through the media and what they want us to see but does it have to extend to such a personal level?

I'm just saying!