RSS Feed Print
Today I am thankful
​NorthWoods
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 5:25 PM

for a warm house, food to eat, and all the people who help me through the storm? That includes each of you. And you?
MPSunshine
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:35 PM

Family, fireplace, lotsa food, rejuvenating nap, solidarity with you. And you?
Chris F.
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:45 PM

Health, humor, husband, and this forum. And you?
MrToad
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:43 PM

The love of the wonderful woman I married 42 years ago. She’s different now, but she loves me still, even though she sort of thinks I am now her father. On a good day, when she wakes up, she will tell me several dozen times, “I love you Daddy”.  I will ever be thankful for this.

greggarten
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 9:19 PM

Family (immediate), friends (I don't get to see too much of these last couple years), security, roof over my head and food to eat.  Not sure about much else.

No ambition for celebration tomorrow.  Told kids last week that they can go to friends' houses if they get invited.  Quiet night at home with my wife.

Best wishes to all, Greg

Jules315
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 9:27 PM

Thankful for my husband who reminds me that I am strong and that I can make it through this storm that I never imagined myself in. And he will always be there for me. And you??
ruthmendez
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:16 PM

I'm thankful that I still have some energy.  I can see, I can eat, I can feel, I can walk-run, talk, yell!  I can communicate and have means to get by.

Everything. And thankful for God.

And you?

chrisp1653
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2017 12:04 AM

So many things to be thankful for, but just off the top of my head, I would say I am thankful for discovering some wonderful people here. Thankful that in spite of Barbara's faulty memory, she never fails to tell me she loves me. Thankful that I have been blessed with relatively good health, which enables me to care for Barbara. Thankful for a few good friends. Thankful for my faith.
Twoevas
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2017 6:08 AM

So thankful for my supportive husband and four wonderful kids, for good friends, food to eat, a roof over our heads. Also thankful that God is carrying me through this journey with mom, knowing that it's making me better and taking me outside of myself. Thankful for mom who still tells me she loves me and gives us kisses every day. Thankful to find this group of caregivers to share in this journey and help me figure things out. Happy Thanksgiving! 
Jo C.
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2017 8:08 AM

How high can one count so many blessings which have been legion and for which I am so grateful, (not necessarily listed in order of importance). . . .

Thankful and grateful for our beloved family . . . for the love of  grandchildren  . . . for our dear home . . . for food in the cupboard . . . for having the capacity to truly love people even strangers . . . warmth in the cold of winter and cool in the heat of summer . . . excellent health insurance . . . forests and oceans and golden plains and sunsets and sunrises . . . redwood trees . . . music . . . marvelous rich memories of amazing years with our four sweet children and extended family. . . . for my four European grandparents immigrating to the United States . . .  for a country in which we have freedom and in which I am free to speak my mind and be who I choose to be. . . . for my education and the educators who taught and enlightened me . . . for my and my husband's careers and being able to achieve far above what we had ever dreamed of in our very humble beginning . . . recovery from an extensive cancer surgery decades ago with survival enabling me to see my children grow . . . for faith even if I do not know with certainty just how things work . . .  for books - lots and lots of books . . . eyes to see and ears to hear and arms to embrace . . . for an extraordinary grandmother who gave me so much in childhood . . .

for this loving place of support . . . for the Alzheimer's Assn's. continuing to support it . . . and so, so, so much more . . .  as in my prayer from childhood,

Thank you God, for EVERYTHING!

J.

Geriflox
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2017 8:58 AM

I am not American nor do I live in America (I did once though) but I am grateful for my health, my family's health, my freedom, my upbringing and our elderly dog for being a loyal companion to my mother for the last 17 years.I am also thankful for finding this forum.It is a huge support and outlet.
Sweetwater
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2017 10:27 AM

I am thankful for good health and Bailey's Irish Cream.
belindaSC
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2017 6:28 PM

I'm thankful for family and friends, and the wonderful immigrant women who help me take care of Dad. They are amazing!
Sayra
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2017 8:35 PM

I also say thank you Lord for everything.
dutiful deb
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2017 8:37 PM

I have a new great-niece, due to be born very soon! I'm thankful for the joy I have in looking forward to this new life entering the world.