RSS Feed Print
I cursed a goddess.
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2019 7:51 PM

Don’t like chance. A flip of a coin. A random drawing. To determine a winner.  My father liked to play games. He was a gambler. When he won. Euphoria reigned. When he lost – well, he despaired. And committed suicide.  I don’t gamble. But I pull for certain outcomes. In sporting events, for instance.  When my favorite team wins the World Series or the Super Bowl, I go into ecstasy.   When the Chicago Bears could have won the first game of the play-offs today. By connecting on a last second field goal. That barely missed. By hitting the upright and crossbar. I cursed the goddess Fortuna. Sure wish my father had learned to curse.  Indeed, a sensible alternative to checking out.  --Jim

jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2019 8:37 PM

Now you are in deep kimchi...Fortuna never forgets
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2019 12:41 AM

My problem. I don’t keep life in proper perspective. I overreact. And invariably make a fool of myself. I’d be better off. Cooling it. Leaving well enough alone. Instead I try to fix things. That don’t need fixing, I have to practice. Just letting things go. Especially the small stuff. What about the rest of you? Do you have the same problem? --Jim