RSS Feed Print
Taking charge of my life.
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2019 12:12 PM

I’m discovering. Ways to dictate my moods. If my mindset is headed in the wrong direction. I alert my  mental faculties. Alter my attitude. And Eureka!!  A bad mood magically transforms into a stellar one. Works 90 percent of the time. I’ve shaped up. Counted my many blessings. Stopped sweating the small stuff. Recognized. First and foremost. That I’m a genius. Endowed with limitless opportunities. To take full charge of my life.  In wonderful  ways. --Jim

w/e
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2019 1:36 PM

"Endowed with limitless opportunities. To take full charge of my life. In wonderful ways."

Ah! Free to choose. To be courageous. To take a bite from the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. To be free. A pioneer. Like Mitochondrial Eve. My Birth Mother.

The possibilities are as infinite as our imagination.

Agent 99
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2019 2:16 PM

OMG!   Can’t think of a scientific way to explain the e-synchronicity of your, Teresa99 and my visits to our e-village today!

Chaos and I are still barking at the poet-tree although I have turned my cocoon into my womb.  Not many understand why I stay planted and not go out and explore anything despite having few responsibilities and the magic carpet to do so.  Just not interested.  

First year thoughts of should I move, where should I go, what should I do morphed into why do I have to do anything by the 2nd year but still spending time on tripadvisor, best places to live sites.  Starting the 3rd year kid sitting niece and nephew during winter break then back to comfort of my cavern.

This is how I’ve taken charge of my life today.

I’ld love to private message with /e.  I will continue to respect your wishes either way.  Long lost but never forgotten.

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2019 9:46 PM

Two of my favorite composers. Schubert and  Mozart. Must have sensed. That they were to die relatively young. In their early 30s. So they had to live to the fullest. Now. Immediately. No wasting time.  No putting off their life’s mission. To be astoundingly creative and productive. From the get-go. It’s amazing. What they gave the world. In such a short time. Most of us need a long, long time. I need forever. --Jim

w/e
Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 1:34 PM

Basha... Surprise, surprise... Alleluia!

From time to time, I visit this Agora. Today, while reading the cornucopia of combinations of 26 letters in front of me, I've had a splendid encounter with a treasured memory. Good to read you here. I have always adored your writings, your wit and your intelligence.

Year five for me at the end of January.

I keep my privacy... My life has become quite monastic. A life of introversion. I turn to my inner life to receive human reality in its fullness.  70 y/o. A good time for sitting comfortably under the shade of the Tree of Knowledge. A good time for contemplation and meditation. I am trying to bark less at the gods. Frankly, after all my years of howling at the moon, I think the gods are beginning to experience battle-fatigue with me.

My two grand-saplings are both now at McGill in Montreal. Pricey. So I am spending some of my money on them. I do not want them to have the shackles of student loans. I rather experience now the smiles on their faces and not after I am a dead parrot, six feet under. When I visit with them, they introduce me as a "valiant mystic in a heroic journey." It is nice to hear from them that I enrich and nourish their lives. They comfort me. And they give me warmth.

Amor fati. After five long years... The burning mind, the broken heart, and the bleeding flesh from the whips of the fates, are healing. Some scars remain.

From time to time, my Adonis visits me in my dreams. He envelops me with the scent of his body. Full of grace, he reads to me sacred words. Words of love. Commitment. Community. Words he has written especially for me. For he still loves me so. As I have always said, in my infinite creative imagination, he will forever be my immortal beloved.

We will encounter each other in this Alzconnected Agora. Again.

Keep on dancing. Your way.

Love ya.