RSS Feed Print
What does "connections" do?
*Linda*
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 7:59 PM

This may be a silly question, but what is the advantage of creating connections with others on  this board?

I guess I still have a lot to learn about this new board.

No more emotion icons either...

dj okay
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:06 PM

By connecting to others on the message boards, you will be able to send them private messages through your inbox 'compose' feature.

It also enables those that are connected to form  private groups, which function sort of like a chat feature, although it's not quite like all being in a 'room' together.  But the 'share' feature in groups is shared only with those in the group, unlike the message boards, which are public.

Hope this helps.  We're all still learning ourselves.

Be Strong 2
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:44 PM

As for the "Emoticons", you need to either copy and paste or find the correct key strokes to create.  I found a page with the key strokes by Googling.  For instance, a regular Smiley is made by putting a colon : and right parenthesis ) right next to each other, in that order.  The Smiley with sunglasses is the number 8 followed by a dash and the right parenthesis.

Bob.

Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:08 PM

*Linda* wrote:

This may be a silly question, but what is the advantage of creating connections with others on  this board?

I guess I still have a lot to learn about this new board.

No more emotion icons either... 

Now that you mention it......where are they???  Why is everything being taken away??? What's next??? 

I don't know the answer to your question either.

W hy can't we make paragraphs?

Iris L.