RSS Feed Print
reusable incontinence underwear
poulami
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 8:04 PM

Hi all,

Did any of your LOs use reusable incontinence underwear ? please suggest me a brand, most preferably form amazon. 
Thank you so much.

eloquentsolution1
Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 2:56 AM

i am very curious about this.
skericheri
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2012 12:34 AM

Our archives are still not available.  If I remember correctly someone on the previous version of our site used reusable incontinence products on their loved one.  

Will bring this post to the top in hopes that it will be seen.

KML
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2012 3:59 PM

My father used reusable incontinent underwear for a while.  It's called Dignity and you may be able to find it on Amazon.  They have it for both women and men.   It's regular underwear with a built-in pad and also a pocket where another absorbent pad can be placed in for extra protection.

My dad didn't like them much for some reason.  He actually responded better to the Depends.  I thought they were good because they look and feel like regular underwear.  I thought they were worth the try.  I do see them on Amazon.com.  You can Google them and try and find the best pricing.  They are a bit expensive, but they are reusable, unlike Depends.

poulami
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2012 8:35 PM

Thanks KLM for the info.. I will search this in the amazon.site..Thank you all so much.. I would appreciate more suggestions..
DZ
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:04 PM

poulami wrote:

Hi all,

Did any of your LOs use reusable incontinence underwear ? please suggest me a brand, most preferably form amazon. 
Thank you so much.

Idid a google search and came up with

Eversures Seamless Unique Dry Panties™. {they also have style for men} The seamless styling of this bladder control garment eliminates panty lines and has a soft silky look and feel. Perfect for the active, fashion conscious woman with light to moderate bladder leakage. ..... and it's washable! Material and Style 

• * Soft, seamless nylon/spandex microfiber knit
  • * Agion™ antimicrobial fibers eliminate the bacteria that cause odor
  • * Classic full-cut styling, with no visible seams for a slim, sleek silhouette
Absorbency
  • * Sewn-in, super absorbent Unique-Dri™ pad traps liquid for built-in protection all day
  • * For light to moderate incontinence

-----

Price seemed reasonable, claim 100 washes,

off to do another search

Just found Eversures on Amazon

DLMifm aka DZ

nwlegaleagle
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:51 PM

Here's the catalog for the Alzheimer's Store www.alzstore.com, which contains lots of products, including underwear.
JAB
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:52 PM

Poulami, I was poking around the internet for my husband ... and I saw a lot of complaints that the reusable models were bulky and uncomfortable.  I ended up buying disposable Tena briefs, as a result.

There are a number of online companies recommended by caregivers that specialize in incontinence supplies and can help you pick out exactly what you need. Many will send you samples (of disposable underwear or pads, at least) for you to try out; some offer "starter packs" that contain a variety of different brands and styles.  You could talk things over with them, then do some cost comparisons of the reusable one that sounds best to you at amazon.com .  (Note: I got a better deal at HDIS.) 

This post has been edited by the ALZConnected Moderator on February 9th, 2012. 

Be Strong 2
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:06 PM

My only comment is, "why"?  I didn't like cleaning poopy diapers when my children were small, why would I want to clean up bigger poopy messes?

Just my thought.

Bob.  

DZ
Posted: Sunday, January 8, 2012 4:09 PM

DZ wrote:
poulami wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you so much.

Just found Eversures on Amazon

Two pairs of Eversures just arrived via Amazon. The largest they had were L/XL so I hope they will fit. Amazon won't allow returns on these but they will issue a credit based on their not working properly (i.e.if the don't fit) if I ask within 30 days.

Hope they fit her <g>

skericheri
Posted: Sunday, January 8, 2012 4:23 PM

DZ---Please share your experiences with the Eversures.  They provide a more environmentally friendly way of dealing with a messy situation.