RSS Feed Print
Moving dad today!!
HalsAngel
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:33 PM

Please pray for this to go well.

We talked to him last week and got a very negative reaction. We have a new game plan and the plan is to follow through.

I will be going in now to let dad know we will have him stay with some friends for awhile while we have some construction done on our home.

I have been an emotional, crying mess for 2 weeks straight...just love that guy! It's a heart vs head thing...I know Many of you know.

I just woke up this morning and said, 'I can't do this!" But I really felt God telling me, "No, YOU can't, but I can!"

Well, here goes nothing!!

I'll update you all later.

What a special group of people we have here. 

Marjk
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:43 PM

Please know that the anxiety right before placement is the worst in the world.  It is worse than the actual placement.  Probably every one of us on here who has been through placement went through the major stress of placement before it happened.  The crying, the panic, the second guessing, the sleepness nights, etc...

Yes, it's hard.  Yes, it gets easier.  Use the therapeutic lies as much as you can (construction in home, etc...).

I know using the archives is hard right now, but there are some threads on there about people who had very good experiences with first placement.  It might turn out to be easier than you realize.

Good luck, big hugs to you.

rose_ro
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:28 PM

Yeah, those archives would help some people!  So glad I read them before! 

I didn't have the same thing, because my mom fell and broke her hip.  I'm going through something tough, though, because it's like - is she ''really'' placed?  YES SHE IS!

Good luck, no matter how things go, always remember that the people at the place should know how to handle things and help out and be the professionals they are.

And, that in a short time, the loved one should be enjoying things in a new way

My mom told me today she wants to dance every day   That's my mom.  But her life is better - and even then, they can ''want to go home.''  Such a strange disease!

EFT
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:40 AM

HalsAngel, I so hope moving your dad went better than you anticipated. I am not at that point with my mom yet (although I did get her to move to a retirement community after 45 years in the same home - about a month before the diagnosis of AD), so I can only imagine how you feel. The one thing I do know is that when we all do things for our LOs because we love them and are concerned for their safety and well-being, it is the right thing. Unfortunately, the right things are so often the hardest and heart-wrenching.

Please let us know how it went. Here's a (((((hug))))) for you.

MLB61
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 11:56 AM

Hope all went well.  Be good to yourself.  Breathe.