RSS Feed Print
Wild Bill has a girlfriend??
Susan420
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:44 PM

So I have'nt been up to see Dad for a few days and went today.

He was sitting with a lady. He sits with her often,well he sits with all the ladies.

He introduced us to her but she was tain a lil nap.

Dad couldnt remember her name I think its Betty but he says no its not.

Well NotBetty woke up for a minute I asked her name and she smiled.

Then I remembered she doesnt talk much. Thats ok

So Wild Bill,hubby and me go over and sit down in another area so NotBetty could finish her nap. The whole time Dad is waching her and seems happy.

We talk awhile and go to his so I can fix his tv and check his clothes.

Dad said hope the kids aint mad. I said why would they kids be mad?

By the way Dad has forgoten he has other grandkids and only remembers my kids, Sometimes. Sigh

Dad said cause I got a girlfriend now. Im like I dont think they will be mad.

We get ready to leave,Dad gets up to go set with NotBetty but someone took his chair. I said I would get him one.

One of the aides came up and said Susan now dont be upset with your Dad. But he and ? (I swear I cant remember her name!!) have formed a attachment. Its normal sometimes it happens. I told her I wasnt upset at all! Id rather see him talking and stuff with NotBetty then when he thinks he's talking to my Mom who passed.

Aide looked releaved and said when they want Dad to do something they just bring NotBetty too.

I got no problem with it as long as my Dad looks and seems happy.

Now I wonder if they can get him into the dern shower now!!

I promise to learn NotBetty's real name tomorrow

EARchat
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:51 PM

Hi Susan ... I enjoyed your story ... and I kinda like "NotBetty" as a name! 

Betty (yes, I am)

Angela65
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:06 PM

Hi Susan that is great! I glad to hear your dads doing well and seems very happy.And i kinda like not Betty also. Enjoyed reading this it gave me a smile and happy heart.
skericheri
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:12 PM

Susan---Learning about your father's girl friend made me smile.  Their friendship could lead to happier days for both of them.

Please keep posting about "Wild Bill's" adventures.  Starting a new thread (maybe calling it The Adventures of Wild Bill)...adding some background information...and developments as they occurr would provide a chronicle that everyone could follow.

Susan420
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:56 PM

Thanks guys!!

I have to say even when I find out NotBetty's real name she will be NotBetty anyway.

Plus I still swear her name is Betty

My Dad is well a character to say the least. Im just glad he is settlin in more.

Im glad he has fun with his delusions and whatever. He has fun trips, works and talks to everyone including our dead family members. Its ok even if its all in his mind. Even if he does freak me out sometimes.

I wanted him safe and happy.

On the old board a posted quite a few Wild Bill stories but I cant find them in the archives now

Thanks for reading my ramblings

and as my Uncle and me now say, It was a good day and they didnt kick him out

Cheryle Gardiner
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:57 PM

Oh, Susan, I do love your stories about your dad! I'm so glad he and Not Betty found each other (love the name!).

There is a "couple" at Jim's place - the woman is almost 101 years old, the man about 85 or so - and they sit together at lunch and hold hands. He is deaf in both ears (the staff use printed cards to communicate) and she is deaf in one ear. It's quite comical when she talks to him and he says, "I can't hear you, I'm deaf!" And she shouts back, "What? I'm deaf in one ear, you know!"

Please do start a Wild Bill thread. He has a fan club here, I think!
catnap
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:17 PM

Susan you made me smile from start to finish!  You have a real talent for storytelling.  Thank you.
rose_ro
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 10:40 PM

lol, I like NotBetty

I met a woman the other day there, named Betty, and we talked about someone there who was also a Betty.

not a NotBetty, but a real live Betty!

EARchat
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 10:42 PM

Hey, I personally LIKE the name ... so I hope no one is knocking the name ... and I think it will be absolutely hilarious if Susan finds out her name is, in fact, Betty! 

Betty

Cheryle Gardiner
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 12:12 AM

EARchat wrote:

Hey, I personally LIKE the name ... so I hope no one is knocking the name ... and I think it will be absolutely hilarious if Susan finds out her name is, in fact, Betty!   

Betty

Oh, EARchat, I like your name, too! NotBetty just reminds me of a t.v. show that was on when my youngest was small - it was about dinosaurs (I think) and I just remember the line, "NOT THE MOMMA!" 

NotBetty is kind of like that - it makes me smile!

Susan420
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 12:13 PM

Totally not making fun of the name Betty.

I still swear her name is Betty but Dad kept sayin no not Betty,not Betty over and over tryin to think of her name.

Of course the aid told me I just didnt catch it because I already had NotBetty in my head

dj okay
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:14 PM

Susan, I loved your story.  Mom had a friend for a while in her old apartment.  It was innocent enough, I'm not sure he was any threat at 94.  Anyway, while he was there, Mom didn't talk about my dad and how much she missed him.  I was grateful for the happiness this man brought to my mother for a few months, anyway.

Even if we find out her name, she'll probably continue to be NotBetty! 

Susan420
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:14 PM

Thanks everyone

I still dont know NotBetty's real name. I didnt go see Dad today.

My Uncle also thinks her name is Betty but he's not sure. He has reported back to me tonight. So I guess Ill find out tomorrow and hope Wild Bill is still hangin out with her.

Also explains why Dad hasnt been phone stalkin me for the past few days

JAB
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:19 PM

How lovely to hear Wild Bill is settling in and happy ... and that you're happy for him.  Sigh.  I just love happy stories.