RSS Feed Print
Hi, Everyone!
Wils' Mom
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:18 PM

Wow, I guess I've been away for too long - everything has changed SO MUCH!

Just wanted to re-introduce myself and start visiting the forum again.

I'm in La Crosse, Wisconsin and oversee care for my mom, diagnosed in 2003.  My screen name is based on my therapy dog, Wilson - I'm considered his "mom" everywhere we go.  He's with me almost every time I visit with my mother and I am so thankful that I always have him by my side.  She is now in a skilled nursing facility in the secured dementia wing.  I would put her in final stages, as she is no longer able to walk and communicates minimally. 

I recently got an iphone and have used it with Mom to share and take photographs, so that's us in my profile pic.  Love the options to share more photos!  

dj okay
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:28 PM

Hey, there, Wil's Mom!

So good to see you again!  Yes, we have this new format now.  There are some new options, but we are still working out some of the bugs.  Glad you like it!

My mom is also now in late stage.  So far, we've been able to avoid the dementia ward, since Mom seems to be having a "gentle journey".  It's still hard to watch her lose more and more of herself to this dreadful disease.

Welcome back!

JAB
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:16 PM

Hi, Wils' Mom, good to see you made it to the new boards.

So ... where, exactly, are all these photos you want to share, hmmm...? 

EARchat
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:23 PM

Just wanted to say "hi" ... I was raised just south of Milwaukee, Wisconsin ... I don't get "back home" much and when I read about Wisconsin, it makes me long for home .... wave at Wisconsin for me ...

Betty