RSS Feed Print
Time for prayers for us....
librarysue
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 7:49 PM

It is finally here! Tomorrow is the day the social worker from the county agency on aging will go to my parents house to attempt to evaluate their need for assistance and match them with available resources.

My mom is assuming this is an inspection and she is going to be busted for the things that are wrong with the house (which I believe are non existent or non issues.  The house is clean but somewhat disorganized in places.  Overall pretty nice) I think she is focusing on this because she can't face the true reality...she isn't doing a good job of caring for my dad.  (physically they do ok but emotionally she is a terror)

I pray that the social worker is good at her job and can a) identify what is going on with my mom and b) manage the situation appropriately.  That is the best case scenario.

The worst case:  I have this vision she will have a nervous breakdown on the spot.  Actually, I kind of hope it so the social worker will have her hauled off to a geri-psych unit.

So I guess the worst case is the social worker won't be able to see this situation for what it is and won't be able to do anything about it.

Thanks for letting me vent my worries.

Mimi S.
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 7:55 PM

Hi Library Sue,
Hopefully you clued the visitors in ahead of time. Do keep us informed.

Cheryle Gardiner
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 8:36 PM

Yes, please do let us know how it goes! I will be thinking of you.
PatF
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:38 AM

librarysue, I wish you luck!  We had an evaluation by the area office of aging and it wasn't very helpful.  She left a lot of pamphets and said that she could do more if Mom qualified for Medicaid....She did leave us a phone number and email address of someone that could install a wheelchair lift for the house. 

Please remember that we live in rural Nebraska (very rural) and there aren't a lot of resources available to us.

I hope that things go well!

EARchat
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:08 PM

How did it go?  Were you able to be there for the visit?  ... Betty