RSS Feed Print
Great doctor experience...
lesleeb
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 3:13 PM

So I took my mom to Massachusetts General Hospital today to have an ultra sound guided cortisone injection into her hip for arthritis pain. Not much surprises me anymore but this certainly did. We met with the doctor who explained the procedure and then a resident came in. She was going to be doing the ultrasound while the other doctor gave the injection. I couldn't stay in the room....

After about 5 minutes or so I saw the doctor come out and I thought the other doctor did too so I was worried mom was alone in the room. I waited a couple of minutes but the doctor didn't return so I was worried and went to check on mom. I knocked and entered the room. To my utter amazement, the doctor who gave my mom the ultrasound was still in the room and had helped my mom get dressed. This included: depends and undies!  

I was so surprised. Not very often will you see a doctor helping a patient get dressed. She then proceeded to show me the ultrasound movie so I could see where the injection went, etc.  She told me what a pleasure my mom is and hopes the injection eases her pain...

Angela65
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 7:55 PM

Leslee, THATS AWESOME, Glad to hear that a dr. actually took time and was polite and that helpful.Hope that you mom gets quick reief.(((HUGS2UBOTH)))
memaw2287
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 8:40 PM

It's so very uplifting to run in to the good in this world. Hope your mom gets quick and long-lasting relief!
lesleeb
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:28 AM

I have always liked the doctors at MGH. All of my dad's doctors were there and I had great relationships with all of them. But to see a doctor helping my mom get dressed really blew me away... I was thinking last night how well this doctor will do in her career. 

Thanks, hope the shot gives her some relief. She said she was feeling a little "pukey" this morning. Great...

Marjk
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:08 PM

And this is one of the reasons I love residents.  I work with residents and find so many of them there because they really DO care about people.  They are so eager to learn and so eager to help.

I'm so glad you had a good experience.  Those good experiences with and for our LOs are SO important to us.

baydey
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:41 PM

lesleeb, It was so up lifting to read your post. My recent experience with the health care situation has been very disappointing..for  my LO as well as myself. We can only hope that this wonderful Dr. will not be absorbed into the big business of today's health care system and become just another person on the payroll. Hope your mom responds well to the treatment and her pain is lessened.