RSS Feed Print
Dad feeling wet but not
mavsmile
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:55 AM

Twice now we have changed my so far continent dad b/c he felt wet, swore he was wet...but wasnt...its a project to change him- he is mobile, somewhat,  but really stiff & moevement is a challenge...wondering if anyone else has experienced their LO swearing they are damp or wet but are not? Like I said he is still continent, wearing briefs, etc...thank you
Stephanie Z
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 12:46 PM

mavsmile

I'm thinking this may be a neuropathy caused by irritation or stimulation of the nerves in that area. This may be caused by the dementia or there might be other causes. This is something I'd run past his physician, especially if he has experienced any other recent changes in his behaviors or physical status.

Stephanie

mavsmile
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:56 PM

thank u- it happened again just a lil while ago- this time he had missed the toilet & wet the floor &was flipping out about it, so i thought maybe he had gotten himself wet in the process, but he hadnt.....i will b calling his doc tomo as I have noticed his cognition is on the decline & it seems a rather sudden drop,t hank you.