RSS Feed Print
Thank you for these boards
​NorthWoods
Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2016 12:46 PM

13 years ago my husband suffered a severe tbi.  He never fully recovered but was fully functional as they say. In the last year, and particularly in the last six months, he has been on a rapid decline.  Most recently he has been convinced that our house is not our house; that people are here or on their way, and that all of the nieces and nephews are playing hide and seek, although he can't remember their names or which sibling they belong to.  All of the nieces and nephews are grown, live far away.  He confuses me with our daughters, is Certain  that his meds are someone else's  and that most days are Fridays.  If it were not for these boards, and all the stories and sage advice on them I would be at a total loss as how to respond.   (Not to mention terribly scared).   So thank you. - for the guidance, and for "getting it".
TessC
Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2016 10:54 PM

Terribly sorry your husband had an accident that caused so much damage and is now having these memory and cognitive issues. So tragic. I send my good wishes to you and your husband.

eaglemom
Posted: Monday, November 7, 2016 9:47 AM

This is exactly why we have the message board. To help both the caregiver and the PWD. This is where you can know that even though the symptoms may differ, we do understand.

eagle