RSS Feed Print
Stress management techniques?
​NorthWoods
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 4:25 PM

i usually can keep things on a pretty even keel but every now and again I feel a rising rage.  In the past I would know it was time to go for a run or something physical. Now that I am house bound I have a lot more trouble quelling the anger, frustration, and overall sense of "expletives deleted".  I do exercise, I do mindfulness exercises, I do work on my hobbies but.....  The snow isn't quite gone and the ice isn't out but I have raked as much of the property and turned most of the gardens.  What do I do with all the pent up energy-energy that comes from the stress of caregiving?  God knows it would be delightful if I could balance this need for release with the exhaustion of the physical and logistical responsibilities but alas... 

Respite  helps but there is very little of that available. Most of t is spent managing "logistics" however.  More assistance is simply not an option given our finances, the non expanded Medicaid state that we live in, and the lack of skilled caregivers in our rural area. 

So..... how do you manage the stress in your lives?

meltruman14
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:51 PM

Have you tried meditation and/or aromatherapy, yoga?
annie789
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:27 PM

http://bit.ly/2oqHv8h

Here is a link to an article about herbal tea.  I drink tea and have found chamomile or lemon balm tea is really good at relaxing me.  I have also started to give it to DH at dinner to calm and relax him at night. I also love lemongrass tea and it is suppose to be a tea to reduce anxiety / stress. 

Somedays it seems nothing helps - no matter how much work I do in the garden or around the ranch or how much tea I drink.  However, most of the time the tea does work. 

Lavender, Rose or Chamomile essential oils are also really good for stress.  I put drops on my wrists or on my neck. 

Annie