RSS Feed Print
Popular with the ladies
ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2019 8:53 PM

Today, after bathing dad with the works, eating breakfast, and stuff, we were ready for our outing.  It’s been a bit warm over here. 

Bathing has been a bit of a struggle lately since I’ve reduced the dosage of the antipsychotic.  Working on my patience.  I’ve never been a good sweet talker but good thing he’s not that bad.  But it’s tiring doing tug of war with the wash cloth and almost getting kicked on my back if I turn around.  Amusing to watch.

Anyway, we went through it and he smells good, looks sharp. 

When I dumped him into the car to get ready to roll, he saw himself on the side rearview mirror.  He didn’t like that.

He said, with a worried and pissed off look on his face, “There’s that man.  Those are the ones that kill.”

Oh boy.

I just drove while he quietly complained about the guy looking at him.

Finally, we arrived at the beach.  I tell ya, he seems to be popular with the ladies.

I’m not sure if he’s just a cutie or he’s flirting and I don’t see him because I’m behind him pushing the transport chair.

At one cross walk, a young lady maybe in her early 20’s, was passing us the opposite direction and tried to give him a high five but missed.  She came back and put her hand up again so my dad could high five her.  And he did! 

They were both happy about that. 

He enjoyed his trip today, as usual.  The man likes to be out.  I wonder if that’s why when we are done with our adventures and return home, it’s hard getting him out of the car.

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2019 10:55 AM

You and your dad have a lot in common, Ruth. Likeable and comical. Decent and caring human beings, too. I'm impressed. Don't ever underestimate yourself. --Jim
ladyzetta
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2019 5:37 PM

That is so sweet, I am a lot older then 20 but I would have also given your dad a Hi 5. More people should be that sweet. Give your Dad a Hi 5 from me.
ruthmendez
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2019 10:54 PM

Jim, yes, dad and I do have quite a bit in common.  Didn't really realize that until these last few years.  And getting to know my dad's side of the family more recently, I've realized I'm much more a Mendez than my mom's side.  Whenever the Mendez come to visit, jokes after jokes nonstop.  Seriousness doesn't last very long in our conversations.

ladyzetta, yes that young lady was so sweet and lively.  I didn't expect that.  Nice to meet people like her and that moment made me feel good.  I've noticed that dad attracts attention when we're out and few people wave at us or give us thumbs up, especially when I hook up an umbrella on his transport chair.  Some skaters will yell out, "Hey dad! Hi!"  Or they say "Awesome!"

I'll definitely give him a 5 for you.