RSS Feed Print
in common
jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2019 12:56 PM

I believe that we here have more  in common  than not. I also believe that we loose sight of that fact. 

One thing which I think many of us share is  frustration. 

One of the frustrations I battled with is the idea that somehow I would find  something that would make things better for me and my husband as we faced illness. 

Another thing that has been expressed on these boards and that I share I the fact that knowing what I do now I could have done a better job. It is a regret not a feeling of guilt. I simply did not know how much education was needed and that it was available.

chrisp1653
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2019 3:07 PM

Judith, I totally agree with this. Frustration with the disease, the resources, the money issues, and the lack of knowledge. But we forge on, as best we can. You are on target, as you usually are, and so not boring.
Andy61
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2019 7:10 PM

jfkoc wrote:

I believe that we here have more  in common  than not. I also believe that we loose sight of that fact. 

One thing which I think many of us share is  frustration. 

One of the frustrations I battled with is the idea that somehow I would find  something that would make things better for me and my husband as we faced illness. 

Another thing that has been expressed on these boards and that I share I the fact that knowing what I do now I could have done a better job. It is a regret not a feeling of guilt. I simply did not know how much education was needed and that it was available.

I agree, there is much we all have in common. Musings section is different, but the rest of this site is excellent. I read everything in both the caregiver, and spouse of caregiver sections. Even though I will most likely be the one needing a full time caregiver, I still like to read the information there as does my wife. To be honest, most of it scares me, but its reality. I also read the 2 dementia sections, but seldom post there as I mostly dont feel I can add much as Im still in the Amnestic MCI stage. But I still learn from those who are dementia pioneers.

All the information yourself and many others have shared are worth their weight in gold. And in your case and others, your spouse has passed on, yet you are still here helping those who are new to the dementia world of caregiving. Thank you!