RSS Feed Print
To be a rebel.
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 12:53 PM

I wonder. If we all have to be protected from ourselves. So that we don’t go off the deep ends. Or far, far beyond the horizons. Better to play it safe. Or so I’m advised by some dear friends. Personally, I’d rather take chances. High risks. Unafraid to make mistakes along the way. After all, life was meant to be an adventure. Into the unknown. That’s reason to push my imagination into the realms of the almost unimaginable.  To the very brink.  I’m accused of thinking too much. Told that I’d be better off. By resting my mind. And learning to obey the prescribed rules.  To fit in. Like a good boy. But it occurred to me. At an early age. To be a rebel. --Jim

jfkoc
Posted: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 1:34 PM

Well I do not understand how pushing ones imagination is unsafe. Actually it sound very safe to me. 

Would you delve a bit?

chrisp1653
Posted: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 1:52 PM

As a person who  felt somewhat out of place for a goodly number of years in my youth, I confess that it takes pert near as much mental energy to try and conform as it does to rebel. One works and works to achieve, but try as we might, we never really feel like we made it, and the constant energy expended to maintain that acme of conformity is a drain. My form of rebellion was to accept myself, and to understand that I really do have a place in this world. That refreshment never ends.
Vik
Posted: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 5:30 PM

IIm glad ur a rebel--so am i, but ive had to learn to keep it in control sinc my dementia started. Sounds like u have a sense oglf humor, so perhaps u will get a chuckle out if my nickname dor dementia:    demen.   Get it?
Vik
Posted: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 5:42 PM

Youre very handsome and hav a great smile!  Keep smiling!
ruthmendez
Posted: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 11:27 PM

Oh boy....looks like Jim's head got a little bit bigger.....
chrisp1653
Posted: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 12:42 AM

Are you serious, Ruth ? Oh my ! Next thing you know we'll all be buying the Jim Broede Chia Pet for the holidays. Available at a store near you, and remember, it makes a great gift .