RSS Feed Print
Great day
Andy61
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2019 7:12 AM

Today, is going to be a great day. The weather is perfect for my morning run, no ice or snow, or even rain. Today, politics will not be on my mind, nor will any other troublesome thoughts. Not even my failing memory will slow me down as I plow through the day, enjoying being alive, enjoying that Im totally aware of all thats going on around me. Most importantly, I have a loving wife who will stand by me no matter what the future holds. Today, will be a great day.

I hope all of you can also have the best day possible.

ruthmendez
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2019 10:22 AM

Thx Andy.  Yes, today will be a good day.  I'm feeling good and on a roll.  Ok, back to work!
jfkoc
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2019 11:30 AM

wonderful...
MissHer
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2019 11:40 AM

Have a great one Andy.
chrisp1653
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:15 PM

Rock on, brother !
Andy61
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:28 PM

Ok, I was wrong. There were patches of black ice this morning during my run in darkness. Im fine wilh a little slippery footing, my problem is remembering its icy and forgetting to watch the road. If I focus, I shorten my stride which makes it easier to control loose footing. Several times I caught myself speeding up, but by sheer luck, when distracted, I did not fall. Still, its a great day!!!!

Life is too short for me to stress over things I dont have to stress about. Maybe farther into my journey I wont be able to control this, but for now, you guessed it, its all about having a great day while I still can.

chrisp1653
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2019 5:16 PM

Andy, I thought the whole big secret about black ice is that it is, for all intents and purposes, invisible. That being the case, how were you supposed to be able to see it ? This reminds me of a time, long ago, and in a section of  I-5 far, far away, but near Cottage Grove. My girlfriend ( of the time ) and I were driving up from Oakland, CA in her little Datsun PU. You guessed it ! We hit black ice and instantly were being swirled around like the inside of a cotton candy machine, until we hit - something - and came to rest. Totaled the truck, but for us, it was merely bruised egos.

So remember, when you see black ice... oh, wait a minute.. you can't see it !

Andy61
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2019 7:09 PM

Chris - The ice usually will glisten enough from street lights or moon light, and I can see the wetness - in most cases. I know when its below 32 to be on the lookout. Even when it has not rained recently, and the streets are dry, some folks in Oregon still water their lawn in freezing weather, thus runoff water can become ice.