RSS Feed Print
First Day of Spring
chrisp1653
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:00 PM

It's here. At long last - Spring. I'm telling you, it makes a person want to get out and... go nowhere. I'm tied to caregiving regardless of the season, or the temperature. A holiday is just another day. I still have to get Barbara up, set her on her commode, and fire up the coffee pot. Then the wiping duties, the moving of pillows and blankets from the bedroom to the living room, and the gentle shifting of an ever shrinking body into the wheel chair so that she can have her 7-up and sweet roll. By this time, I might be able to have my coffee, and if things are going well, I might get a shower. It seems like any other day, except for one thing. It's Spring ! 66 degrees out and sunny ! Owing to the remote doorbells I installed a few years ago, I can stretch my tether all the way to the garage, where I can spend a few hours gloriously playing with wood, tools, and other pieces of stuffandjunk.

The battle lines have been drawn and the enemy engaged. I can fight this thing that keeps my world so small, or I can adjust my parameters to a new comfort level. I adjust. The enemy loses, for another day. Spring is here and another Winter is receding . Barbara has clean Depends, warm socks, and her pillows.

We win !

jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:22 PM

To top it off we have a super moon tonight!
ruthmendez
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 8:57 PM

I noticed the moon last night that it was getting full. I tried to howl, but it sounded more like a croak.
chrisp1653
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 11:57 PM

Ruth... you think wolves never get the croup ?

Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 3:49 PM

We had unexpected hail yesterday!  I couldn't see the full moon due to clouds.  Will wait for the next one.  But we do have Painted Lady butterflies flying north!  How pretty!

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/annual-migration-of-painted-lady-butterflies-reaches-southern-california-1457087043556

Iris

jfkoc
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 8:42 PM

The super worm moon's name was chosen as worms are said to emerge from the soil around the time of the spring equinox. The coincidence of a full moon with the spring equinox is rare. ... Supermoons occur when the Moon is closest to the Earth, making it appear bigger and brighter than normal.

Sorry Ruth, the next super is in 2020.