RSS Feed Print
My Dad is finally Free of this horrific disease
Love and Hope
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2020 9:10 AM

It took around 10 years.  5 undiagnosed and 5 diagnosed he passed so peacefully 1/22 at 8am with one small tear in his eye.   He went through every single 7 stages of  this disease up to the not swallowing as the very last.   It was textbook. I’m finding myself thinking more of the pre-Alzheimer’s memories which I think is a good thing. I don’t think I could go through this again with anyone I know it is heart wrenching and difficult to say the least I watch the strongest man I know slip away. I am just happy he is at peace and with the Angels and our Lord.   There were so many times when I prayed that it would be over because it was so out of control. Well I guess I finally got it and now I don’t want it I just want him back pre-Alzheimer’s. Please pray for my Mom and our family during this time. Thank you
Skittles412
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2020 1:28 PM

Sending lots of prayers to you and your family. May your dear father rest in the sweetest peace.
roadking
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 8:33 AM

So sorry for your loss. May God's grace and the peace that passes understanding be with your family.
TessC
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2020 9:59 AM

Saying prayers for you and your mom and family. Your father was loved and though the disease took a lot away from him, it did not take away the love he sowed and which he reaped in the end. Blessing to you and I hope the weeks and months ahead will be a smooth recover for you all.
Cdmtch
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:19 AM

I understand and feel for you and your family.  We lost our Mom two days ago to this horrific disease.  She too battled for over a decade through every painful stage.  We brought her home from the hospital on Friday and she passed quietly with her kids and caregiver by her side.  It was the most painful event of my life to watch my strong, loving Mom waste away to just a shell.  She opened her eyes one last time and looked at each of us before she closed them one last time.  I cherish the time I had with her and pray for an end to this awful disease!  I also pray for your comfort and peace knowing your Dad does not have to endure this anymore.
jb crick
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 11:03 PM

This is such a bittersweet time. You are grieving the loss of a loved one, and yet comforted in knowing they are no longer suffering from this horrid disease. You are in my prayers. My the Lord bless you and your mom and and bring you peace and comfort.

John