RSS Feed Print
Saints are just sinners that try harder.
gm gypsie
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 2:48 PM

This is a tribute to all the men caregivers here who have chosen to be your LO s  champion. Good on you , all of you. There are plenty who would have run away.  But you stayed to fight even knowing the odds. I call you  wonderful.

This is also my tribute to all of my sisters who suffer the loss of the men we hoped would be our champions. It was not to be the disease never gave them that choice. Yet we are strong and we shoulder this burden.  You go ladies

To Ed, Your granddaughters   have inspired me,  showing their love in the driveway was brilliant.  To Crushed in particular I understand your anger and frustration. Your love for a lady in blue has been epic.  To all of you kept away from your loves, get creative. Stand outside the facility with a boom box , or a bull horn. Paint a sign or tape a picture on their window. 

They might not know you but they will laugh a t someone in a  dino costume  dancing on the lawn . Do whatever it takes .

jfkoc
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 3:02 PM

beautifully said....thank you
Ed1937
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 4:41 PM

Thanks for this thread. I love the title. It applies to all of us, men and women both.
Jeff86
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 5:43 PM

Nice sentiments, nicely said.  
Just, thank you.

Stuck in the middle
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 5:52 PM

Thank you.

I heard something last night that bears repeating.  "You cannot do all the good the world needs, but the world needs all the good you can do."

SSHarkey
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 6:39 PM

Gm Gypsie and Stuck, great words! Thank you for sharing!
TheThirdGMGypsie
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 10:53 PM

Well said mom!
You deserve a shout out yourself. I know how demanding it can be, taking care of dad sometimes. I know how frustrated you get when he tries to help and only makes a bigger mess, or how scary it is when he wakes up terrified and doesn't know who anyone is. But you work so hard for his sake,  harder than you realize , and whether he remembers your efforts or not, I know he appreciates them. I know in the past you've called yourself the caregiver from hell, and you thought you were terrible at it, but you're doing great. You're even taking time to encourage others here on the forum. Give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it. I'd do it myself, but social distancing and all that. 

@stuck in the middle:

Im going to steal that phrase, it really speaks to me. 

LadyTexan
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 11:02 PM

What beautiful sentiments. Thank you for sharing gratitude and love and grace. 

This has warmed my heart and settled my anxious soul.

I need more positive messages like this. I imagine many people do. Thank you for starting a much needed dialogue of kindness.

gm gypsie
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2020 7:26 PM

The title for this post came to me in a fortune cookie,  and it made me think of all of us.