RSS Feed Print
Just an all out horrible week
lvcatlvr
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2019 11:07 PM

This disasterous week started with one of my older cats needing four teeth extracted because he stopped eating due to infection. The day I was to pick him up, our downstairs toilet literally erupted---and you can imagine what came out. I called a plumber who came and said it was the septic tank, so we had to go stay at a hotel that night. We had to rush home the next morning to meet the septic guys who charged me double for a two minute dig to the opening since DH can no longer do it---and my RA makes me not be able to do anything like that. It turned out there was a clog leading to the septic. I can only imagine what DH has thrown down the toilet to cause it. That night, I was heating the over to make some brownies and one of the lower coils caught fire. Now this was a very clean oven because I hardly ever cook in it in the summer. So, now the only thing that works in the oven is the broiler. I guess it was a flaw in the bottom coils that caused the fire. On my way to town today, my rear view mirror just decided to drop off. It is now hanging from an electrical wire connected to lights above it. It seems like it was screwed in originally, but the screw's head is inside a compartment, so I can't even screw it in. Of course, on top of all of this, is DH who has been fighting me nightly about putting on his CPAP among all the other drama that goes on all day with him. I can see why 40% of caregivers die before their AZ LO. It is all the stress of dealing with everything else on top of taking care of the LO. I just had to vent. Not only has this been a stressful week, but it has also been a very expensive one.
Mrs. O
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 1:38 AM

I sympathize with you lvcatlvr. (Funny- my auto-correct just wanted to call you Carl Reiner!). Anyway, I had a list of things to do this week, and not one single thing went smoothly. My friend told me tonight that life just throws bricks at you, and all you can do is try to make a house with them. 

Please give your kitty some extra love from me tonight... and hang in there!  

Victoria2020
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 2:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg_ebvFAjU4

Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks on Leno

what a day you had, hope a laugh helps

Ed1937
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:28 AM

I guess it has been a horrible week! I hope things return to a more normal state now.
LizzieC
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:34 AM

lvcatlvr wrote:
 I just had to vent. Not only has this been a stressful week, but it has also been a very expensive one.

Vent away so that you don't explode.  I feel the stress it in your post.  Even if you didn't have all the other stuff to deal with, the "very expensive" part of the week is stressful all in itself.