RSS Feed Print
Survived Thanksgiving and found some gratitude
300sun
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2015 7:47 PM

We had Thanksgiving at my SIL house. 2 years ago we were there with Mom and last year Mom and I stayed home while DH attended.

All the family and friends there 2 years ago, were there yesterday, excluding Mom of course. It was so good to see everyone and be thankful for the day. I was also thankful Greg and I were able to care for Mon through her long illness. 

It's something we ALL should be grateful for; seeing our LO's through their dementia and illness. 
We are kind of like super heroes if you consider all we've had to do.

Blessings to all the Super Heroes out there.

Lesley Jean
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2015 11:49 PM

You are a super hero!
King Boo
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 1:29 PM

Hey, 300 sun.

It's a long journey, caregiving.  It beat the daylights out of me, I still feel exhausted, bruised and not functional 100% (this even with Dad placed).  I'm rattled because I didn't think I would be this debilitated; I didn't realize that it would change things.  Somehow the world is not the same, at all, ever again, when a parent dies.

My Dad died 5 months earlier than your Mom; this is definitely a good read, but you have to be prepared for it - tuck it away for the future.  The Orphaned Adult, by Alexander Levy.  I found this helpful, probably the most helpful read of any book I tried after their deaths.  I was over the immediate, fresh grief, but something was not right,,,,,,,

I am glad being thankful on Thanksgiving was possible.