RSS Feed Print
Mom & our shared birthday coming up
TinaFinn7
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2019 9:29 AM

It’s been just over 2 months since Mom died. In many ways, I feel my life has returned to normal, a new normal. In 2 weeks, I’ll participate in a Walk for Alzheimer’s event in town and expect it to be a very emotional day. Two days later will be my birthday; it also would have been Mom’s 96th birthday. It will be the first time that I’ll celebrate my special day without her. I won’t be buying a birthday card to mail to her. Then, Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. I stopped attending the local grief support group meetings and wonder if this would be a great time to return to the meetings because of the anniversary dates coming up. What do you think?
Skittles412
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:57 AM

Hello Tina:  I think it would be a great idea to return to the meetings.  It is definitely much harder for me around the holidays.  I lost mom last year and I get very emotional around holidays. I think it's better to be proactive then reactive. Thinking of you and sending you love and strength!!  It is so hard to lose our mom.  It's a pain you never get over.