RSS Feed Print
Mixed-up!
younghope
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 3:51 AM

Yesterday, my son and I went to a store and a restaurant in which he said I was ruined to the staff in both places. I didn't think I was, but he actually apologized to one of them before we left. I told him there was no need for that as I did nothing wrong. He said, "Mom, you embarassed me back there, you were really rude for no reason".  He told me that it had been getting worse. When we got home I checked my meds and I was so confused, my head was numb and the directions made no sense to me, so I called my Chapter and explained the situation to them. So, the staff member that I spoke to, I have a strong connection with, went over my meds with me and we discovered that since October, 2011, I had only been taking half of my dosage of tegretol (for behavior) and only half of my Namenda. I felt confused and had a numb head most of the day. I got my med box filled out for the week with their help and hopefully things will get better in a few days. Not a good feeling! I thought I was doing so well, so much for thoughts, huh?
Mimi S.
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 10:09 AM

Hi Tracy,

It was hard to take, but wasn't it good that your son did speak up.

And I'm so proud of you for calling your chapter and delighted that they could straighten out the problem over the phone.

Do hang in there.

Geegee
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 10:21 AM

Tracy, I'm so sorry that you experienced that.  I know it must have been embarrassing for Austin.  Teens get embarrassed so easily.  You should be so proud of him though.

It shows what a good job you've done in raising a caring, sensitive young man.  It was good that when he sensed that an apology was maybe necessary, he put his embarrassment aside and apologized.

I'm glad you got your meds straight.  You must be relieved that it was a medicine mess up and not a severe progression.  However, it does indicate that you need help monitoring meds more closely.  Can Austin help set them up?

I have a wonderful med system that I use and have talked about before.  It manages daily medications for the month.  I will start another thread so anyone can access it that wants to.

I hope that numbness and mind issues will improve for you quickly.  We want our Tracy back and happy!  

Lisa428
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 9:24 PM

Hi  Tracy,

So glad you were able to fix the problem!

You,ve done a great job raising Austin.

Perhaps you can get one of the social workers in your chapters to fill your med boxes a month at a time.

that would relieve you and Austin of that 

Take care.

Peace and hope,

Lisa