RSS Feed Print
Any plans for the weekend?
Iris L.
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 8:17 PM

I've been going to physical therapy for the past few weeks, and every Friday the therapists, who are all younger than me, ask me what are my plans for the weekend.  I have no plans for the weekend.  I never have plans for the weekend.  Am I falling out of touch?  Do you have plans for the weekend?

Iris L.

Myriam
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 11:31 PM

I'm retired so everyday is like a weekend to me. :)) laughing
Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 2:49 AM

That's a good answer, Myriam!  Perhaps I can use that on the young people! 

But seriously, I feel so worn out by the weekday activities that I use my weekends to rest up for the coming week. 

That doesn't sound like I'm living the high life.  

Iris L. 

Be Strong 2
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 8:51 AM

I'm retired, too, so I always ask the Weekend questioner, "What's a weekend?"  I tell them that there are 6 Saturdays to every week, and then comes Sunday.

Bob    

overwhelmed
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:42 PM

Can one actually make plans??  I have sort of given up on planning and rather wait to see what temperment I'm dealing with for the day.  It seems if I plan and get my heart set on something that might be fun someone else isn't in the mood to be "fun".  On the bright side........if I'm thinking it's just gonna be a plain ol' day and he wakes up in a good rame of mind we can always opt for an excursion of some kind.
John891
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 4:32 PM
My plan for this weekend is to just stay home since there's no work to do until next week.
John891
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:13 PM

Actually,

I had a better weekend then I thought I would.  Since my sister took the day off and took my mom with her, I went to an area near town with nice lake views.  I went by myself and really enjoyed my time there.  I ate a little lunch and wrote in my journal.  It felt good to be alone for a while and take a break from it all.    My original intent was to take mom to this place with me since I had no work to do today, but like I said my sister took her to her house. 

John

Tonya2
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:34 PM

I usually don't have plans for the weekend - I used to work but am adjusting - sort of......Also like overwhelmed said it's hard to plan.....I never really know how I am going to feel so it's hard to make plans...I have a lot of fatigue....and nausea.....

However, I did join my church choir a year ago and for the most part I make it to church to sing on the weekends so that has been a good thing....That is where I get my "socializing" done.....  Otherwise I am pretty much a recluse except for doctor appts.....So to answer the question Iris - I have the same problem with weekends.....Thanks everyone for being here.....

Lewy body dementia....dx 2-17-11...early onset at age 46......

John891
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:37 PM

Tonya,

I wonder if most of us here are all reclusive.  I sure am.  I'm comfortable that way, but when I do go out whether its for work or just distraction it really helps a lot. 

John

Iris L.
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:13 PM

I don't feel comfortable being a recluse.  I feel very bad about it, because I was not a recluse before.  I feel bad that so much is going on in the world without me. 

Iris L.

overwhelmed
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 7:01 AM

Iris L. wrote:

I don't feel comfortable being a recluse.  I feel very bad about it, because I was not a recluse before.  I feel bad that so much is going on in the world without me.   

Iris L. 

Oh can I agree with that!  Being caregiver for my DH has really taken me "out of the loop"
SteveSanJose
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 6:47 PM

I am retired also. But I keep so bussy weekdays with ADHC, SR Centers, Peer Groups; that It as also liek I am still working. I liek being active, and still am. I ahbve money form my Pention, so I go to tons of sports events, go hikeing useing my scottor,; on weekends. Next time say something like, nothing planed and sugestions?  

It's Friday

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 10:47 PM

SteveSanJose wrote: 
 Next time say something like, nothing planed and sugestions?  

Good idea, Steve.  I might try this.  But I wouldn't want to impose on people. 

Iris L. 

SteveSanJose
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2012 12:55 PM

It is normal, as we get older to become less active, with some people. There is a fine line between what is part of normal aging, and what is Alzheimer's. Some people have symptoms of both and it's hard for a doctor to distinguish between the two. Myself, I am still very active, and I am almost 62 ( birthday March 28 ). I always have something planned for for the weekend. I have found since my EOAD, then I have to plan in advance more. I am, comfortable with the advanced planning I have to do. As I purposely made myself more active weekdays, I have found it easier to do activities weekends. It keeps yourself fit, while being mentally, and spiritually active. I you are not active people will understand. Just say I'm not as young as a use to be, or just I am not a active kind of person. Thay will understand.