RSS Feed Print
medic alert
eaglemom
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 9:19 AM

I very casually mentioned to DH about a  medic alert bracelet. He thought it was a good idea........then I added that I'd have one also he really liked that idea.  Yesterday I filled out the forms on line but had some trouble so I called them.  They took a more detailed information / details, etc about him than the website.  When I mentioned that to the lady she said they prefer phone calls.  Just letting everyone know.  I was quite pleased how through it was.  DH was pleased I'd ordered and that pleases me.
Iris L.
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 1:57 PM

Good information, eaglemom.  Many caregivers have on their medic alert bracelet info that they are a caregiver to a dependent person, so that person can be attended to in an emergency. 

Iris L. 

Lisa428
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 3:07 PM

Thanks for sharing, Eaglemom.

Lisa

eaglemom
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2012 8:50 AM

Our medic alert bracelets arrived yesterday.  They look very nice and DH was pleased.  We immediately put them on.  We discussed never taking them off, etc and he said why would I take it off?  He further commented its on our left wrists like our wedding bands on left hand - and I've never taken my wedding band off.

I was pleased that he was pleased and realized this was to help him if he ever needed it.

eagle

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 1:19 AM

The social worker gave me a brochure for Medic Alert.  I'm also looking into a Life Alert bracelet ("I've fallen and I can't get up!") for myself that can be used outside the home.  Does anyone have experience with this? 

Iris L.